Sadie and the Hibiscus

I have offered mine flowers a couple times already but she was never interested. i just put one in a few minutes ago and she is rippin it up. Opposite of how yours did though she seems to really like the petals. Very fun to watch them eat it :D

I have offered mine flowers a couple times already but she was never interested. i just put one in a few minutes ago and she is rippin it up. Opposite of how yours did though she seems to really like the petals. Very fun to watch them eat it :D

Dez, Anne is the spitting image of her mother. I love this two pictures.

Thank you Wendy. I still miss Camille so much but this little Sadie baby is certainly keeping me busy. :)

Flapenn, you can also offer your Cham small slivers of fruits and veggies, too.

Flappen, I'm so happy to hear that Zelda ate a strawberry for you. :)

Thank you Sam and Nick for the kind words about Sadie. Nick she'll be 5 months old tomorrow and I just weighted her and she's 58 grams.

Sadie's 4 1/2 months old and and such a little mess. She is spoiled rotten.

She loves the Hibiscus flower and goes for the center first everytime, just like her Grandma Camille did. Here's a short little video of her and a few pictures.

Fantastic video- very entertaining to watch! You have a gorgeous chameleon! I love the bright green coloring! I have been wanting to get mine a nice hibiscus plant for a little while for outdoor basking- you have inspired me to pick one up today after I get back from working in the greenhouse.

What supplements are you using and how often to you take it outside?

I walked in today and offered her another strawberry and she was so anxious to eat it. By far this is prob her fave food judging by how excited she got when i put it in her cage. :D

Fantastic video- very entertaining to watch! You have a gorgeous chameleon! I love the bright green coloring! I have been wanting to get mine a nice hibiscus plant for a little while for outdoor basking- you have inspired me to pick one up today after I get back from working in the greenhouse.

What supplements are you using and how often to you take it outside?

Ah, you know what. After I posted asking about supplements, I realized I have already read your blog! Your supplementation schedule is one of the main ones mine is based on.

I walked in today and offered her another strawberry and she was so anxious to eat it. By far this is prob her fave food judging by how excited she got when i put it in her cage. :D

Mine goes nuts after wax worms but I try to offer those very sparingly after he has eaten a few crickets- probably once a week at best these days. They seem fattening.

I often offer meal worms but he seems to leave them for a day or so before he gets around to munching on them- I have not been very enthusiastic about buying more for this reason. Wax worms don't stick around long at all.

I hope to start giving him silk worms and roaches pretty soon here (pending disposable income).

Would not mind trying some butterworms as well...

Flappen, be sure to only feed a few small slivers of strawberry at the time and offer other fruits and veggies too.

AllFalldown, Thank you for the compliment! Sadie is the grand daughter of my veileds Luie and Camille. Camille pasted away back in November so Sadie is extra special. Allot of members here use the new Repashy but I still use the old supplements that I'm use to. I take my chams out everyday for some natural UVB and they love it. :) Not sure about the nutritional benefit of fruits and veggies but our senior member sandrachameleon would know. She has some great blogs here. My guys just love apple, banana, strawberry, pear, blueberries, carrots, kale and collard greens.

Flappen, be sure to only feed a few small slivers of strawberry at the time and offer other fruits and veggies too.

AllFalldown, Thank you for the compliment! Sadie is the grand daughter of my veileds Luie and Camille. Camille pasted away back in November so Sadie is extra special. Allot of members here use the new Repashy but I still use the old supplements that I'm use to. I take my chams out everyday for some natural UVB and they love it. :)

Thanks, great to know. I have been looking around for a large ficus to take outside that he can hang out on. How long to you let him out- and given that he is getting natural sun everyday do you still use a UVB lamp indoors?

I am going to try offering him some banana when I get home, just for kicks. It seems like there is at least one potential benefit to fruit in that fruit has a lot of moisture to it.

Thanks, great to know. I have been looking around for a large ficus to take outside that he can hang out on. How long to you let him out- and given that he is getting natural sun everyday do you still use a UVB lamp indoors?

I answered your other question above with an edit.

It's hot here in South FL so this time of the year I'm only able to get them out a few hours in the mornings and sometimes another hour in the evenings and yes I definitely still use UVB bulbs.

Yea I gave her two small slivers today about the size of a 1/2in cricket. Im trying to do my best as to give her a variety in her diet. She gets crickets, dubias, silkworms, hibiscus, and now strawberry. What other fruits and veggies do find that they prefer? :D

Yea I gave her two small slivers today about the size of a 1/2in cricket. Im trying to do my best as to give her a variety in her diet. She gets crickets, dubias, silkworms, hibiscus, and now strawberry. What other fruits and veggies do find that they prefer? :D

You'll just have to try different things to see what she likes.....anything that's safe to gutload with is ok to feed her. My guys just love apple, banana, strawberry, pear, blueberries, carrots, kale and collard greens.

Back
Top Bottom