Rudis babies being territorial

perry123

On July 1st we had a clutch of nine babies. One died last month and one died today. It seems like we have a problem with one or more being dominant or territorial. Does any one know of the Rudis being this territorial? We are concerned with the rest of the babies.

i have no experience with rudis but if you see territorial behavior you need to separate asap.

I've never seen the babies being territorial/dominant to others....I had a litter also and 1 by 1 they started dieing after about 2 months of being fine. This seems to be a big problem with them and other montanes from what I understand. I think it has alot to do though with food size and not getting enough food....talked to a wholesaler once who had success with them and thats what he was saying about them.....you need to feed them alot.

As a former Rudis breeder, I have had only about 7 clutches in my Rudis days and a few females that I sold as gravid, but yes at about 1-1 1/2 months you should separate them. Remember they are smaller chameleons and as such don't look too big at 1-1 1/2 months but are definetly at the age where they start getting territorial and stress really easy. They reach full growth at around 4-6months depending. That's just a little something to think about. I hope everything works out for you!!

Thanks for the imput. What you are saying is really making sense. More food for growing and the fact about them reaching maturity faster because they are a smaller chameleon. I will be changing a few things tomorrow! Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom