Baby Cham acting out of ordinary

Hey guys so today there was no poo at all so I couldn’t take anything to the vet. I just witnessed something which made me freak out so much. He was holding himself on a branch in a weird way looking like he’s trying to poop and literally a transparent drop went out of his butt, it looked like a tiny bubble and then I saw him wipe twice in the branch and went away. I immediately made a photo of it and saw blood traces from in the middle of it…
Hi that doesn't sound good , did you have him at the vets, has he eaten anything today

Hi that doesn't sound good , did you have him at the vets, has he eaten anything today
I think he ate couple of crickets, but I didn’t co check coz he was standing above the cup and didn’t wanna scare him away. I called the vet straight away after I saw the blood and we have an appointment at 16 tomorrow. Couldn’t have went today because I have to travel around 2h with the train

I think he ate couple of crickets, but I didn’t co check coz he was standing above the cup and didn’t wanna scare him away. I called the vet straight away after I saw the blood and we have an appointment at 16 tomorrow. Couldn’t have went today because I have to travel around 2h with the train
Awwh nightmare , long enough travel ,be good if he did a poop b4 then ,hope all goes well

Hey so I had to run a bit to catch the rain and the box he is in is in an open bag. I held the bag kinda away from my body so it doesn’t shake too much while I run, but I just peeked and I saw little guy is on the bottom holding on to the towel for deal life. Do you think the stress from this could kill him? @MissSkittles @Flick boy 😔

So they did a poo test and he has some type of parasites. The vet said though that his overall condition is really bad and she can’t say if he’ll survive 🥺 She also said what she can do now is give him liquid vitamins and a medicine for apetite. She also gave me some gel for his stomach-gut microflora which I should put on one of the bugs he hopefully eats every day. I was told to call them in a few days to give them an update on how he’s doing and if he makes it we will go back to doc in 2 weeks. We are still traveling back home and to be honest I haven’t given up, but I am heartbroken. Little man is so precious. I hope he fights through this

Hopefully he will pull up 🙏 did they give him anything for parasites or are they waiting to see what exactly it is

Thank you both ! She didn’t say exactly what he has even though I asked, she just said we have to deal with the current situation and postpone the rest for now till/if he gets back on his feet.
Hi again…little guy isn’t looking well. He ate very good but only the day after we visited the vet. Yesterday and today he’s back to ignoring the Terfly and the crickets. Do u guys think that the reason why he is like that is the parasites which the vet chose not to treat now? I’m not sure what to do anymore

Hi again…little guy isn’t looking well. He ate very good but only the day after we visited the vet. Yesterday and today he’s back to ignoring the Terfly and the crickets. Do u guys think that the reason why he is like that is the parasites which the vet chose not to treat now? I’m not sure what to do anymore
Possibly, I'm not a vet. Can you get any locusts with colour might be more appealing ao calci worms

Call your vet and let them know what is going on and what they suggest. You may have to find other ways to get nutrition into him. If you can get him to open his mouth, maybe try quickly popping a feeder in and hopefully he’ll eat it. It’s the grossest thing ever, but you could mash up some feeders with a couple of drops of water to make a slurry to give with an oral syringe carefully. (the airway is in the front of the mouth) There are a couple of commercial liquid nutritions, like ReptaBoost.

He’s been eating Terfly the last days. It’s the only thing he seems to want. Yesterday he ate 1 dubia roach and a few flies. I dust them and put from the Bene Bac gel the vet gave us. Today he was a bit more energetic the first half of the day, but now he’s just laying on the basking branch with his eyes closed. Early tomorrow I will call the vet and ask that they give him something for the parasites. He looks like he is dying…

Attachments

• 1147A9F8-E4C9-4F1D-AF3B-515C5FAD9765.jpeg
    1147A9F8-E4C9-4F1D-AF3B-515C5FAD9765.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 44
He’s been eating Terfly the last days. It’s the only thing he seems to want. Yesterday he ate 1 dubia roach and a few flies. I dust them and put from the Bene Bac gel the vet gave us. Today he was a bit more energetic the first half of the day, but now he’s just laying on the basking branch with his eyes closed. Early tomorrow I will call the vet and ask that they give him something for the parasites. He looks like he is dying…
Hi yes you should get back in touch, where you able to get locusts or any calci worms these maybe more appealing and will hold more gutload nutrients , is he drinking

Hi yes you should get back in touch, where you able to get locusts or any calci worms these maybe more appealing and will hold more gutload nutrients , is he drinking
Hey, I apologize for not answering so many days…been having many problems lately. The small locusts they sell are way too big for him. He’s been eating flies for days which I dust in a cup with calcium every day. After weeks of refusing crickets today he actually ate a few. He does drink, I see him

No apologies needed ,any joy with the vet, can you get any black soldier fly larve that's good he has eaten some crickets

Is the cage near the window? Does he gape at all? Put his nose up in the air?
The cage is not near the window, but next to the living room door. There is a bit of draft whenever I open even 1 window. He doesn’t gape, but he did put his nose up in the air like a week ago after eating a fly.
So last week I took him to a second vet, because he seemed really unwell ( the last pic I sent up). And because the 1st vet told me he has parasites, but didn’t tell me what type, the 2nd vet I took him to last Friday gave him a dose of Panacur Susp. 1:10 0,03ml (the 1st vet was in vacation) so we don’t have wait for her ( she said he has parasites, but she wants to postpone treating them and fix his general condition first, which I found weird. The same day we came back from 2nd vet I put him on a plant next to the window so he basks under real sun and the next day he had such an amazing bright green color and seemed more energetic.
Also yesterday I called 1st vet again to make her tell me what parasites he has and she said they didn’t find anything with the test. Why would she tell me he has ?! I got really angry, because I just stressed him unnecessarily taking him out, he got unneeded medicine and 80€ thrown at the wind. I’m def not going back the to the 1st vet.
Lately he got some of his apetite back, he seems to enjoy hunting flies. Nit sire how many he eates a day though. Today for the first time in weeks he agreed to eat crickets and a whole 6 of them at that.
I noticed as well he hangs a lot head down under the uv lamp. Is it possible that the uv is not enough for him or the branch is too low? Closest branch to uv lamp is at 15cm, lamp is ZooMed Reptisun T5 HO with Reptisun 5.0 UVB. 2nd vet told me to get rid of this and get BrightSun UV jungle 35W from Lucky Reptile. He recommended also that I get Korvimin and mix one part of it with two parts calcium and to dust only 1 insect in this 1x week.

P.S. I apologize for the chaotic sentences, English isn’t my first language so I did my best 😅

Hi so the zoo med t5ho 5 % is correct is the light on top of the viv ? you might want to raise it up 2 inches . ( you do not want the lucky reptile jungle bulb)

Back
Top Bottom