Rocco'z Diary - Veiled Cham

pic's attached. he is really looking beast! :D @ 3 months

Will get a few photos of his color changing moments.

What is the bestt of the best basking lamp to give this little dude?

I have a fresh repti glo 5.0 25w a repti sun glo 50w... and a zoomed 60 watt if it really gets cold.

Attachments

• Photo-0225.jpg
    Photo-0225.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 181
OK so i have have completed the structure of rocco's new cage.

I will be moving him across this afternoon.

500mmx460mmx700mm

Parts used.

Wire mesh (Cleaned with a steal brush and soap water, then applied green water based roof acrylic)

Plastic Flower box for base.

Aluminium Lid.

This cost me almost nothing to make.

Attachments

• Photo-0229.jpg
    Photo-0229.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 136
So Rocco is really getting a nice attitude lol!!

I also picked up a second hand 100 gallon flexerium for R300 :D

I attached a few pics. As you can see his current cage is small for the time being, will be pimping out the flexerium soon. Makes a nice outside cage.

My question is, is it going to bother him if i transfer him from one cage to another during the day. He is already used to the fact that i move his cage outside everyday.

Attachments

• Photo-0026.jpg
    Photo-0026.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Photo-0031.jpg
    Photo-0031.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Photo-0236.jpg
    Photo-0236.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 155
Heavily plant the flexarium with safe plants...give him adequate climbing areas....not to close to the basking light however, you don't want thermal burns. Yes you can transfer him to the new cage during day time....you never touch a sleeping chameleon .

Looking good, I agree with Oost heavily plant the flexarium, the temps get really hot which Im sure your aware of so he will need shading.
You shouldnt have a problem with moving him from the indoor enclosure to the outdoor enclosure.

Yup I will getting two nice big Ficus B and some vine at the end of the month.

I will also be getting some hose, 1 or 2 mist heads and a timer and setup the outdoor mister for when i am out.

Attachments

• Photo-0033.jpg
    Photo-0033.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 141
Looking good! I think he will be quite big when he is older. And you can see the bars are coming along.
Your setups look and sound great.
Post pics of the outdoor cage when its filled with plants and everything.

And also let me know what you bought to make your misting system, Im going to need to think of making one for next year.

Joburger! I got panther juveniles if you want any. They not regularly available in ZAR so let me know if you want any

Hi Paul

I think we spoke over the phone a few days ago. chameleonsa?

I think i have already spoken to you in connection with contacting me as soon as you have Panthers available.

Do you have a male i can buy?

I think chameleonsa is david hagget, I dont think he will have anything for a while lol.
But Im sure he's also sachameleons. Not sure.

I just spoke to Paul and he has a Male for me.

I am thinking of getting him, then when you have a female :D and you are feeling kind enough to sell me one that will be uber cool!!!

What do you think?

If your looking into breeding the new bloodline with the David Hagget line from Paul then you will have to wait till end of next year. Like I said Im holding them all back ;)

Sounds Good.

I am just waiting for a price from Paul, i want to collect the male on Friday 26th OCT next week.

He mentioned he is keeping all his females :D

Do you have any nice pics of your panthers?

I need to do a bit of research today as to the husbandry of the Panthers.

I have a bit of a grif question lol

Rocco dropped his load this morning and i noticed a see through goooo in between the black and white part of his poop? Is this normal or is it something to worry about.

Excuse the picture lol eeeeeeek!!!!!!

Attachments

• Photo-0061.jpg
    Photo-0061.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 129
I would say there is nothing to worry about with Rocco.

The panthers are not that different from the veileds in terms of husbandary.
If you get him I am guessing he will be tiny, baby panthers are a lot smaller than baby veileds.
Make sure he does not get dehydrated.

I raised mine in plastic tubs when I bought them (2 months old) for about 1-2 months, I basicly moved them into a screened cage when I found the male went missing because he grew long enough to reach the edge of the tub and got out.
Dont put him in a really big cage, its easier to monitor his feeding and drinking if he is in a small cage when he is still small.
Also in the beginning mine were VERY shy so did not eat if I was around, the male did not actualy eat for a week in the beginning for a whole week.

Here are some pics of my male. I doubt yours will end up looking like mine though, they are always different looking.

This is him when I got him around 2 months old
Pantherchameleons005.jpg

This is him at about 3 months old
panther003.jpg

These pics I took quite a while ago, nowadays he fires up with yellow aswell as orange red and blue.
IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5813.jpg

This is him more recently, very light in colour, he fires up like that when he sees my dog. You can also see the bit of yellow at the top between the blue bars.
IMG_5959.jpg

Yip they are very cool.
Though I have noticed that there are not a lot that end up looking like mine or Pauls, most of them are just green or blue with red by the eyes looking kinda like a nosy be. Thats why people think that mine and Pauls are not related to there ambanjas.
Mine has more red and orange than others and Pauls has a lot of red and turquoise bars.
Good luck with when you get one, its really exciting watching the males grow and every time they shed so you can see there colours coming along!

Paul sent me a pic of Papa panther he really looks beast!

Paul mentioned he is still not sure if the baby he has is a male or female, its not as easy to see than with veileds.

Tell me does shedding happen less as they get bigger, Rocco was shedding weekly, not any more.

Attachments

• DSCN5494.JPG
    DSCN5494.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 108
OK so this weekend i am going to plant a few Schefflera arboricola and some medium size jungle vine in roccos 100 gallon flex outside spot.

Rocco's loves the flex as he gets to hunt down the crix. :D

Will post pics of the setup.

Back
Top Bottom