Rocco Sun bathing! Never mind Basking. dipping every afternoon?

SageZA

This is how it started.

Rocco is +- 3 months old, doing really great, the lil dude is like a little god in the house. Served like a champ, lucky or him the owner has tried to do as much research as possible. Cham 101 case study delux! :D

This week started with the normal breakfast helping of needa feeda kyalami exo terra show price crix dusted with T-Rex Bone Aid Micro Stick Calcium Powder, the crickets are strawberry, carrot stock pellet and gel water gut loaded.

So the whole point of this post is about the fact that he has taken a dip for the last three days! Every time the lower basin of the cage is filled with a small amount of water that reaches just above his feet. He actually dips his whole head in it. I am luckily enough to have the GF mist him carefully and manually at least twice a day, and constantly updating me of his basking spot temps as i am in SA and i am a noob at this at the moment the av temp is around 30 32 during mid day, so it is not as if his not humid enough.

I did read that Chameleons drown very easily, but he is under constant supervision in my space. And i do not recommend this to a starter cham keeper.

On Sunday Rocco had a little less than knee deep of water just after 13:00
in the afternoon basking. He was a little dark, and constantly swiveling in it, but dam i swear he was enjoying it.

What do you guys think?

Does this call for a youtube vid?

He cannot totally submerge himself? Did i say it wrong or what? :) He actually make his way down to the bottom of the cage and takes a walk though the shallow water?

lol this is just hilarious! i had about a 2 month old hatchling fall into a water catcher that was just over knee deep for him, and if i didnt catch him he prolly wouldnt of made it. bust him out a mini surf board, i bet he'll stun a crowd!

There's nothing wrong with him walking through a bit of water on the floor of his cage. Although if you're getting a lot of water collecting, deep enough for him to be able to dunk his head in it, you might want to look into draining the water somehow. Just so you don't have mold or gunk accumulating on the floor.

Oh yeah and make sure you clean the area where the water collects quite often, if its not cleaned often there will be bacteria that he is exposed to.

Thanks for the hit backs guys :D

Yea i made a hole slipped in a valve with aquarium piping to drain it afterwards.

I do not have loads of Forest bark at the bottom, and by default i replace it with fresh stuff every week.

I did not attempt the vid today as it was over cast and not warm at all.

I do have a crappy pic though from Sunday. dam i need to get a better camera seriously. (sorry guys) its really blurry :/

Attachments

• Photo-0178.jpg
    Photo-0178.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 74
lol this is just hilarious! i had about a 2 month old hatchling fall into a water catcher that was just over knee deep for him, and if i didnt catch him he prolly wouldnt of made it. bust him out a mini surf board, i bet he'll stun a crowd!

Woot? the cham did not fall into shiz chop! He did it out of his own. He is in his element more than you would ever be able to give any of your chams. :cool: ;) :D

He my friend is happier than pig in shiz tbh.

Peace! ;)

Back
Top Bottom