Rh. spinosus and Rh. acuminatus cages

jack29

I was wondering to keep some of these pygmy chams and i'm searching some images of their cages.. did everyone have some pics to show me of their cages? i'm thinking to use an old acquarium of 122x33x42h cm and i'd like to know if it's ok for 1.2 or at least a pair of these chams..

You might pm lizardlover as I know he has or has kept one of the 2 kinds. chamelisa also has spinoffs. Sorry I can't help.

This is what i've made for a 1.2 of pygmies.. Each part is 61x33x57h cm.. i need to add some leaves and moss and it will be ready!! Your opinion?? ;)

Hi Jack,

I hope you won't keep spinosus as 1.2. They are very aggressive (the most aggressive stumptailds I've kept). For acuminatus 1.2 can work, but it's better to have more enclosures to seperate them if they stress each other too much. Spinosus can grow up to 11? cm, acuminatus are 2-3 cm smaller

Best regards
Benny

Sorry Jack and others for my late reply, but I am very busy at work.
I keep now all my acuminatus and spinosus in couple's in the Exo-Terra PT2646, that are the biggest screen cages they have. Well planted, with lott of moss, branches, dead leaves,... I have always some spare terrariums left for the reason that Benny is telling. Some animals you can keep always together others they have to be separeted when gravid or for others reasons.

Jack waht kind of lighting/heating do you gone use?

Best regards,
Tom

Benny and Tom thanks for your reply!! i've never heard of this problem of aggressive.. the terrarium is divided in 2 anyway and i can create a terrarium for gravid females or for emergency!! but also 2 females kept together could have these problems??

I'm gonna use just a 5% uvb neon.. i will keep them (i will choice the species in some week) in my cham-room where there will be the right temperatures to grow them, so i won't use spots for heating!! Tom how do you do??

Back
Top Bottom