Rept-Aid ???

I will stick with Rep-cal Powder's. Im not injecting 100 cricket every other day nor talking my Chameleons to say AAAAHHHHHHH! It might be a nice product but its not for me.

I will stick with Rep-cal Powder's. Im not injecting 100 cricket every other day nor talking my Chameleons to say AAAAHHHHHHH! It might be a nice product but its not for me.

fair point. I was planning on getting some to give once a month just as an additive. Plus my chams a pretty friendly so would be easy to feed. Was just wondering if anyone had used it?

im pretty sure reptaid if a treatment for chams not a suppliment. Use it as that if you want but Id only use it if your cham is dehydrated, has parasites, or other sicknesses

Its not for using every day on a healthy cham LOL!
If you were to inject "100" crickets a day youd kill your chameleon.

It is a dietry supplement BUT you can overdose you chameleon on it.
So make sure you dont just "guess" how much your going to give your cham.

Like matt said its more for unhealthy chams and more of a safe alternative/first try to use on frail chams that cant handle harsh medicine.

I have used it on a my baby panther that had a really really horrible URI and almost died from it and almost died because baytril at her young age she just couldnt handle it.

So I say it can work on uris.
the product also has a number of other applications like jump starting the rehydrating proces, removing parasites, jump starting appiette, bacterial infections,ect, ect

Its a good product to always have on hand incase of emerengcies

Like matt said its more for unhealthy chams and more of a safe alternative/first try to use on frail chams that cant handle harsh medicine.

I have used it on a my baby panther that had a really really horrible URI and almost died from it and almost died because baytril at her young age she just couldnt handle it.

the product also has a number of other applications like jump starting the rehydrating proces, removing parasites, jump starting appiette, bacterial infections,ect, ect

agreed, unfortunatly my cham didnt make it in time for me to use it but if i one of my other 2 get sick ill be sure to use it

LOL...... Im quite obviously aware that it is not for every day use lol.....Derrrrr :)

Was thinking instead of the 3 monthly fecals i could get them done once a year and use the ret-aid quarterly! :)

LOL...... Im quite obviously aware that it is not for every day use lol.....Derrrrr :)

Was thinking instead of the 3 monthly fecals i could get them done once a year and use the ret-aid quarterly! :)

i dont see why you would need all them fecals unless your cham has parasites or your feeding him things that have them. Reptaid is meant to be used once a day on sickley reptiles. If you think your cham has parasites, use reptaid say for a week or so, take him to the vet and get a fecal done and if it comes back negative then you are good.

i dont see why you would need all them fecals unless your cham has parasites or your feeding him things that have them. Reptaid is meant to be used once a day on sickley reptiles. If you think your cham has parasites, use reptaid say for a week or so, take him to the vet and get a fecal done and if it comes back negative then you are good.

I get fecals done 1/4ly to PREVENT issues. As they say a £40 trip to the vet for prevention is better than an £200 vet bill for carelessness and a dead cham.

I loive by the rule prevention is far better than the cure! :D

Just because you have fecal done in the say the Jan doesnt mean that in the March there wont be any hence my testing

well the way i see it is if im feeding it things that i know are typically safe then i shouldnt worry as much as they deal with parasites more in the wild than they do being captive. Spending 40 bucks everynow and then is pretty much the same as spending 200 bucks on one vet bill. If your spending 200 bucks on one vet bill because your chameleon keeps getting sick your doing something wrong

As others have mentioned, it is a great product to use in certain situtations but I would not use it as a preventitive supplement. Your cham should be healthy based on good husbandry and good gutloaded feeders along with recommended supplements, ie calcium, herptivite. If not, then these things need to be addressed. It's best to just leave well enough alone, in other words, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just my 2 cents.

well the way i see it is if im feeding it things that i know are typically safe then i shouldnt worry as much as they deal with parasites more in the wild than they do being captive. Spending 40 bucks everynow and then is pretty much the same as spending 200 bucks on one vet bill. If your spending 200 bucks on one vet bill because your chameleon keeps getting sick your doing something wrong

and how exactly can you be sure that the live food you are feeding your cham is parasite free?..... the answer is you cant! :)

My chameleon has NEVER been sick i have lost one through old age but thats it dude! The main reason they are never sick is due to prevention!

and how exactly can you be sure that the live food you are feeding your cham is parasite free?..... the answer is you cant! :)

My chameleon has NEVER been sick i have lost one through old age but thats it dude! The main reason they are never sick is due to prevention!

Then why even ask the question if you do not want to hear everyones response? :rolleyes:

i agree with dreatish, and if i read correctly and your spending 40 bucks per fecal and getting 3 a month dont then your spending 120 bucks a month. My chameleon was sick once, took him to the vet and there were no parasites just something he ate. To this day hes 7 months old and no other prlems. I think the only time you should be doing fecals or such is at early signs of sickness (if your good enough to spot them)

Back
Top Bottom