repeated falls

telkins08

:confused::mad:So recently ive put my 8month male veiled into a 4x4 cage because he would always be climbin on the top of his smaller cage. But since ive put him in the
4x4 hes broken a few nails off and keeps trying to climb on the ceiling, he's too big to hold him self upside down. I was wondering if i could get some input on ideas to help or if i should put him back in the smaller cage(which he is in right now since he's fallen 3 or 4 times today)

Do you have enough vines and branches for him to climb on? Are you sure there is not something else going on there with his falling? Does he ever fall off anything else due to a weak grip???

Have you considered lining the inside of the with the plastic garden cloth? It is plastic and has 1/4 inch holes. It is also green, my chams climb on it with no problem.

Carol- yeah he has a big ficus that almost reaches the top, and two smaller plants i made sure and took him out he has a strong grip and could hold himself upside down on my hand.

Laurie- Thanks ill have to look into gettin some soon, do you just replace the old screen with the cloth?

You should def get the green garden cloth. once they reach a certain size it becomes hard for them to climb just the screen alone. At around the same age my guys started falling off their screens sporadically until i bought the liner. I decided to buy the bigger one i believe the holes are about 2"x2". Its been working great for me and you can get it at any home depot or lowes. if your cham is randomly falling from screen/plants/vine's, then you may have a prob and would recommend keeping a close eye if not a vet visit. you can take your cham out and see how their grip feels on your hand. It can tell you a lot. Move your hand around a little if it feels like he/she can barley hold on, then you may have a problem

Is it just the plants you have in there? Perhaps he feels the branches are a little too flimsy for him so he goes on the screen. I recommend lots of horizontal vines, branches and/or sticks so he has lots of pathways to cruise around. Wooden dowels are idea and really cheap to get from the hardware store.

Carol- yeah he has a big ficus that almost reaches the top, and two smaller plants i made sure and took him out he has a strong grip and could hold himself upside down on my hand.

Laurie- Thanks ill have to look into gettin some soon, do you just replace the old screen with the cloth?

I agree with Mike and if you have just plants in there that is not enough. You should have some sturdy vines and branches for him to move about the cage on.

Back
Top Bottom