Reasons why real chams need real plants!

I really like your use of those air plants! Can you help me identify them so that I can acquire them for my terrarium? I made it easy:

Red Circle?
Blue Circle?
Double-Red Circle?

And what is this beautiful plant?

And lastly,

The purple flowers in the middle?
And the tiny tree on the right?

Thanks for you help - it's a beautiful set up you have!

I really like your use of those air plants! Can you help me identify them so that I can acquire them for my terrarium? I made it easy:

Red Circle?
Blue Circle?
Double-Red Circle?

And what is this beautiful plant?

And lastly,

The purple flowers in the middle?
And the tiny tree on the right?

I know that the purple flower in the middle is a Orchid... (I am right, right...lol) Phalaenopsis, the Moth Orchid I believe. Great plant that can be found at WalMart, Lowes, and sometimes your local grocery store if they have a floral department....One of my favs.

Red Circle? VANDA COERULEA
Blue Circle?"VANDA TESSALATA
Double-Red Circle?"ENCYCLIA COCHLEATA

And what is this beautiful plant?TILLANDSIA HOUSTON

And lastly,

The purple flowers in the middle? PHALAENOPSIS ORCHID PURPLE
And the tiny tree on the right? I DONT REMEMBER, FICUS FAMILY

Hopefully this helps. Approximate cost 190.00

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to look around at some more live plants like the baby tears as a food source. I have been feeding my fischer cham bits of kale

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to look around at some more live plants like the baby tears as a food source. I have been feeding my fischer cham bits of kale

My pleasure. If you like the thread please rate it by giving it stars. Enjoy the forum.

Has anyone tried the baby tears? Thanks for all the PM's.

I'm really thinking about baby tears once I get some money (I get cash occasionally but my "apprentice" job at the local baseball park is not active right now..) because I want to build a fake rock backing and put tons of it in there.

Has anyone tried the baby tears? Thanks for all the PM's.

I have them in all my little ones cages but they haven't chomped on any yet.. that i can tell. They are growing pretty fast! They're super nice whether they eat them or not! Haha.. hoping for them to tho. Big thanks for this thread again :D

How are you attaching the plants to the bark? Do the veiled eat the air plants and/or orchids?

Fishing line is used to tie the orchids to the sections of cork until they can establish themselves.

I suspect a veiled will attempt to eat orchid blossoms.

Last edited:
WHat do you recommed in place of ficus ifthe hibiscus doesnt do well inside? I have a 2x2x4 foot enclosure for my veiled that I am trying to get going. I have grape vine for her to climb. And I am on the search fora suitable sized pothos plant I can hang nearthe top. but a need something leafy and branchy for her to climb on.

Fishing line is used to tie the orchids to the sections of cork until they can establish themselves.

I suspect a veiled will attempt to eat orchid blossoms.

I had a female veiled that would eat any orchid blossoms that I put in the cage. It became too expensive :(

Hey just wanted to come back and say I picked up a small baby's tears from the Reptile Super Show in Pomona, Ca. It's pretty cool actually they sold it on a piece of bark with a hook on the back so I could just hang it at the top of a side and ideally it will cover a wall in the enclosure. Thanks for the tip!

Hey just wanted to come back and say I picked up a small baby's tears from the Reptile Super Show in Pomona, Ca. It's pretty cool actually they sold it on a piece of bark with a hook on the back so I could just hang it at the top of a side and ideally it will cover a wall in the enclosure. Thanks for the tip!

Sounds great. You'll have to water often if you keep it near the top, near the lights. Mine have always done best between halfway and 3/4 from the top of the enclosure.

Sounds great. You'll have to water often if you keep it near the top, near the lights. Mine have always done best between halfway and 3/4 from the top of the enclosure.

This is how I have it set up.

IMAG0554.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

Is it far enough from the focus of the light you think?

Back
Top Bottom