Really, an insect farm?

Kx2+cham

Established Member
I used to have a bearded dragon and only kept dubia roaches and buy few silk worms and mealworms once in a while. When we’ve decided to get a chameleon, I’ve never thought that part of our garage will be an insect farm!

The rack that my wife doesn’t want to get close to, worms on top, grasshopper enclosure, crickets and dubia bins.

IMG_9117.jpeg

To add more works, I am sprouting wheat grass for the grasshoppers.

IMG_9121.jpeg

I hope this little brat will have a happy life with us.
IMG_9107.jpeg

IMG_9099.jpeg

The things we do for our chameleons! I never in a million years would have ever thought that not only would I intentionally bring roaches into my home, but I’d start breeding them and even think fondly of them!
The first time I breed roaches is when I have 3 bearded dragons and my wife wanted to kill me. To add injury to the situation, back then we are living in a one bedroom apartment. 😁

And yes we always wanted to give our pets the best, like they are our children.

Lol. Well my sons think their mom has lost her mind! They are probably right. Not only do i have two cham cages in my livingroom but two cricket breeding bins! Plus the superworms i buy are expert escape artists and we find huge black beetles here and there. To top that off, my cat found a litter of mice and has brought three in the apartment in the last two weeks. Thankfully we were able to catch them and release pretty quickly. Two were juveniles and one was an adult! Such fun!

Same here. My bugs are always escaping.🤷. What did you use for the round things on your grasshopper enclosures? I used the trim for a recessed light. I'm looking for a splash guard

@ChamelaChameleon I’ve got mine from SauceGandhi’s friend. You can find him at instagram, his user name is ryzrr. @SauceGandhi mentioned him on his interview with Bill Strand. I like it, no more hoppers jumping out of the cage.

Take note that the chameleon is my daughter’s (shared with her younger brother) pet and I am just a care taker. My wife said I only agreed with the kids when I think I will benefit from it, which I believe is true. 😁

@ChamelaChameleon I’ve got mine from SauceGandhi’s friend. You can find him at instagram, his user name is ryzrr. @SauceGandhi mentioned him on his interview with Bill Strand. I like it, no more hoppers jumping out of the cage.
You got the whole enclosure from ryzrr? I added the ring myself but I'm gonna add a baffle or a diy sink strainer for easy access and to prevent grasshoppers escaping. Tbh, the grasshoppers never escape unless I accidentally leave the door open and i leave the room.
Have you seen the grasshoppers mate or lay eggs?

You got the whole enclosure from ryzrr? I added the ring myself but I'm gonna add a baffle or a diy sink strainer for easy access and to prevent grasshoppers escaping. Tbh, the grasshoppers never escape unless I accidentally leave the door open and i leave the room.
Have you seen the grasshoppers mate or lay eggs?
No, just the ring with cloth. It attaches to the door or which ever side you want. Codey (ryzrr) use it on his grasshopper enclosures, I think SauceGandhi is using it on some of his too.

I am new and just have them recently but I have some adults and I haven’t seen them lay eggs yet.

Last edited:
No, just the ring with cloth. It attaches to the door or which ever side you want. Codey (ryzrr) use it on his grasshopper enclosures, I think SauceGandhi is using it on some of his too.

I am new and just have them recently but I have some adults and I haven’t seen them lay eggs yet.
👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom