Rate my enclosure

JamesBryan

I've been researching and collecting supplies for a panther chameleon for a year now, nearly finished the enclosure setup so i was after a few c&c's from you guys.

There's still some horizontal branches and vines to go in yet, but apart from that it's done.

I'm in the UK, so 3 sides of the XL Reptibreeze are covered. Ambient temps are steady low 70's and humidity is 50%-60% without misting.

I've got the basking branch setup in the back left corner and a mistking spray head in the back right corner.

I've made my own version of the dragon strand ledges to which i've attached the willow trellis to. This gives me plenty of options to mount branches at multiple levels and it doubles up as an extra climbing structure.

There are 3 lives plants and the rest are artificial.

What do you guys think so far then?

Attachments

• IMG_20151105_192121.jpg
    IMG_20151105_192121.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 169
Bump the heat up and lose the panels and have the screen cage be like it should. May need warmer bulb but i personally wouldnt cover screen, defeats purpose of the reptibreeze. I do like those wood pieces bur w the screen the cham will be able to climb anyway

Heres my XL but km in US, theres two live trees and a few small plants pothos and ferns help bring huidity up

Still have a 2' live dwarf schefflera im debating putting in:p

Looks really clean and easy to care, just like mine! :)
I do recommend more foliage, I've posted a picture of mine and ended up covering all 3 sides with plants so you see the wooden "fence" only at the bottom.

Other than that, some branches, as you were saying you're going to do, and that should make a chameleon really happy :)

Cheers!
Nuno

Bump the heat up and lose the panels and have the screen cage be like it should. May need warmer bulb but i personally wouldnt cover screen, defeats purpose of the reptibreeze. I do like those wood pieces bur w the screen the cham will be able to climb anyway

I should have said that the ambient temp in the low 70's is without the basking bulb even being on. I'll be looking for a basking temp around 82.

Back
Top Bottom