Rain Dome or Interior Nozzle

falconut

I currently have a Pro Mist setup running on my basilisk enclosure with 2 nozzles. It can handle up to 12 nozzles, so I'm going to add one nozzle for the new screen cage for a male Panther.

I'm going to use a 24"x24"x48" screen cage and am wondering which misting method is better for them. A Rain Dome or just installing a Mist King Nozzle in the inside corner.

Here's how I am looking to do the interior nozzle:
img3146v.jpg

or

DIY something like this and set it on top of the screen.
IMG_7342.jpg

It seems from reading that both will work, just trying to find from others if one method seems to work better for panthers. Also, since it's only 24"x24", I'm guessing the rain dome would keep the mist from getting the outside area wet.

My poor cham was so scared when my mist king nozzle would spray. I had to change to the DIY rain ring psychobunny posted and he will literally stand in the rain and drink. No more running and hiding. Best thing I have added yet.

I think that it depends on the chameleon. My girls don't mind the misting and will just sit there being sprayed. My boy Remy, on the hand, HATES the mist. He will run, puff and even try to hiss at it every time the mister turns on. I also used psychobunny's DIY rain ring (you can see it in her thread) and what a difference. He just sits there and will start drinking almost immediately. Just be aware that it uses A LOT more water than the mister, so you must have a good drainage system.

I have the rain dome, make it your self which would be very easy just use a tuppawre bowl of some kind or use physcobunny method.

I have the Aquazamp and the pro mist system i recomend doing a search on the web for parts and making your own system...less money, better service and better parts...just my 2 cents

I'll have to consider the rain ring, too. I'm guessing that the benefit of this rain ring is that it covers a larger area than a rain dome will. I'm just not sure if the rain ring will drop the pressure in my system too low for the other 2 misters to work right.

It sounds like most people have luck with either a rain ring or a rain dome, then just a nozzle.

But, please don't stop with the ideas or suggestions.

thats all the rain dome is...a mister nozzle supported by plastic dish above yr screen mesh on top. it allows the mist to build up then cause the rain effect...which may work perfect becouse you dont need no where near the pressure to make it work.

thats all the rain dome is...a mister nozzle supported by plastic dish above yr screen mesh on top. it allows the mist to build up then cause the rain effect...which may work perfect becouse you dont need no where near the pressure to make it work.

Are you saying the rain dome and rain ring are basically the same? If so, I agree. But the rain ring will cover the entire cage, since it's located under the screen, unlike the dome which can only fit where the lights aren't. I'll just need to see how much area the lights cover once I get the cage.

I'm also worried about the pressure loss that the ring may cause.

Back
Top Bottom