R.i.p. Sasha

kuskye25

well my cham is about 5.5 years old... she hasnt been eating that well for the past week or two... she just seemed a little off, its wierd she didnt seem sick or anything just really really lazy, she wouldnt eat out of her feeder cup anymore ive been hand feeding her and she would do that but wouldnt go down and eat for herself no matter what i did...

so i hand fed her 2 to 3 crix a day, she wouldnt eat more then that... and she would look at the crix in her feeder cup but make no attempt to go get them...

this is what i found this morning to my shock and disappointment shes dead... she was fine yesterday drank water i sprayed on her, ate two crix out of my hand... very shocked to say the least... guess it was her time.. poor little thing is white as a ghost...
DSC00887.jpg

thanks for all the help guy/gals over the years but im done with chams for a while, and pretty depressed about this even though im pretty sure it was natural.. i like to think she had a good life and good care.... poor little girl

So sorry about your chameleon. You gave her a good life for many years and she lived to a pretty decent age so you should find comfort in that. RIP

i havent cried in a long time but ill be honest after posting this and looking at her picture and getting some responses im getting quite teary eyed, man i loved her...

i just hope she had the best life i could give her...

on a more positive side note she was local pet store buy, out of like 6 in a horrible cage she looked the best....

i definitely rescued her from a untimely death.... and got her an extra 5 years of life... i am very happy about that...

if anyone lives near northern indiana i have an awesome custom built cage and lights and misting system ill sell dirt cheap..... if not ill prolly disassemble the cage and sell off everything else, prolly junk the cage... ill be posting it in the selling section of this forum later when i get the time to do so...

So very sorry for your loss. Like you said, you got her out of a bad situation and gave her a much better life and if you had a custom cage, it sounds like she was spoiled. You took the time to hand feed her and that shows compassion. Sound like you gave her the best life a captive bred could ask for.

Awwww, I am so sorry she is gone. You need to give yourself a maa=ssive pat on the back for getting her to over 5 years old - that is an amazing long life for a female. She obviously had a far nicer life with you than she would have done elsewhere - who knows where she could have ended up from the pet store. Sleep tight little girl. :(

So sorry for your loss. I understand 100% how you feel. I'm sure she had a wonderful life full of love and happiness. Hope you find peace knowing that you did a wonderful job after rescuing her from that pet store.

Virginia

So very sorry for your loss. Like you said, you got her out of a bad situation and gave her a much better life and if you had a custom cage, it sounds like she was spoiled. You took the time to hand feed her and that shows compassion. Sound like you gave her the best life a captive bred could ask for.

yeah she wasnt in the mood for food either i had to hold my arm upright and make the cirx move for prolly 3 to 5 minutes each crix.. very taxing on my arms...

she was also a very calm cham think she flared up and hissed at me once or twice in her life... at the end she didnt like anything, and was very mad anytime anyone was around even my hand unless i had a crix in it then she would focus on it...

it was a very taxing last two weeks on both of us...

i feel she was as lucky to be in her care as you were to enjoy her!
we are always going to mourn, you deserve that time.

i am still fairly new, but i think 5.5 years for a female shows she was cared for by the kind of human being i wish there were more of

It sounds to me like you were both lucky to have each other! She had a wonderful, happy, stress-free AND long life with you! Mourn yes...but be happy in knowing most females don't live to be 5.5 years of age - so you did a great job with her! RIP sweet Sacha! :(

My condolences :( . When I lost my jacksons Rhinette I was heart broken. She was smaller than my thumb when we got her. One of the down sides of being human, we often out live our cherished animal friends.

thanks guys/gals.... i will give her a proper burial in my yard when the ground gets unfrozen finally...

i still catch myself looking at her remains and seeing her eating out of my hand in my mind, and doing all the other cool things she did......

honestly i think a new cham would help fill the huge void in my life that is gone now that i dont have to take care of her anymore, as i spent 15 minutes a day with her everyday for over 5 years... but between working and in school now im kind of glad i dont have to do the extra work....

She's at rest now

I am truly sorry for your loss and hope you take comfort in the knowledge that for a large portion of her life you gave her a safe and loving home.

Back
Top Bottom