Question about babies

if you specify the type of chameleon, members with more experience in the individual species, will probably be able to direct you.

generally, not too much heat, not enough water to drown food, and don't over crowd.... provide climbing, and a bit of hiding... feed as much as they will eat...

To be honest I had some hatch for the first time in December and there was no really good caresheet I could find for hatchlings. How young are we talking ? And light placement isn't as important as the actual temp. What kind of chameleons are we talking?

Ambilobe baby

I am receiving a 2mo. old ambilobe baby on Wed. He eats 1/4 inch crickets. No problem there. He will be housed in a large reptibreeze. I have Nosy Bes, but I have never had one younger then 4mos. Do I put the UVB tube on top, as usual, and the basking light, on top as usual, or do I elevate them higher....like on a brick or 2x4? What should be my average temp? TY

I am receiving a 2mo. old ambilobe baby on Wed. He eats 1/4 inch crickets. No problem there. He will be housed in a large reptibreeze. I have Nosy Bes, but I have never had one younger then 4mos. Do I put the UVB tube on top, as usual, and the basking light, on top as usual, or do I elevate them higher....like on a brick or 2x4? What should be my average temp? TY

That cage size is a bit big and he may have trouble finding food. Its not recommended to put them in a cage that size until they are closer to 6 months. If you use that larger cage make sure to have several spots for him to find food.

This link will give you info on babies. Congrats on the little one you have coming. You will need to follow links within the care sheets. If you have any questions just send me a pm.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

Back
Top Bottom