quadricoruns colour changes??

cacoonkitty

:phiya i was just wondering if people could comment and post some pictures of diffrent colour changes in the speceis CHAMELEO QUADRICORUNS , i have been offer a male adult that is captive bred and that is hard to come by in the u.k and i have been searching for a while and the guy sent me a photo of him and he looks in good condition and in the picture he is puffing out a bit and displaying his spines along his throght and his colour is slightly orangy on his head area and green towards his tail with paler green/yellow on his sides with white markings running downwards,do you think he was getting cross in the picture and he was pictured mid flow and was starting to display his warning colours as this species is normaly all green with peachy colours on his sides arnt they!? what are the signs of a stressed unhappy quad. thanks guys any help would be great! :confused:

Quads are always green, they don't display any crazy colours like other chams do. When stressed they can be dark brown, but the green still perdominant. The fabulous thing about quads is they look like "dinosaurs" with the fin on their back and the horns, they are "tank" looking meaning robust creatures and they tend to be quite tame. Have in mind this species need cooler temps and high humidity.

One last note on colurs. The green they have when they are calms is a bright almost fluorescent green, with yellow and blue patches. Hard to explain. I'll see if I can find my quads pics to post them.

great, thanks, i have had a quad before but it seem they were all wild caught in the shop,and i he passed away :( due to infestations of prasites there was nothing i could do!! this one is captive bred so he will be diffrent i expect to a degree,he looks fine and health with no nasty scars or bad marks on him at all and his fin is intact and he looks nice and plump and the man said he was eating and was in great condition and so i am going to buy him as i think captive bred will be easier to keep happy in captivity than w.c i had so many nite mares with my w.c quad eventhough i did my best to keep him happy with a live planted viv cool temps good lighting humidity ect ect , but in the pictuire the man sent me of the new quad i am getting he was puffing himself out so i think he was a bit cross that he was being pictured showing his crests off too!! and some of his head was an orangy sort of colour with a greeny/yellow body with the 3 strips of white/or very pale pale blue running downwards to wards his tummy area . i hope he is ok .:p

Well, CB is always the wat to go if you have the option. Also Quads are very hard to find these days. I've been looking for them for 8 years in Canada and no luck yet. So consider your self lucky ;). How much is this guy asking for? Can you see it first Imean "live"? or is he going to ship from his location?

lllreptile.com usually has quads, i bought one from their a long time ago, and he lived a pretty long time even though he was wc.

Quads are always green, they don't display any crazy colours like other chams do. When stressed they can be dark brown, but the green still perdominant. The fabulous thing about quads is they look like "dinosaurs" with the fin on their back and the horns, they are "tank" looking meaning robust creatures and they tend to be quite tame. Have in mind this species need cooler temps and high humidity.

One last note on colurs. The green they have when they are calms is a bright almost fluorescent green, with yellow and blue patches. Hard to explain. I'll see if I can find my quads pics to post them.

I disagree an excited quad is beautiful,i know because i have one

quadricornis.jpg

I'm working with the species nowdays
They do have colors but getting good WC can be a real problem
It's a bit a uphill battle... info is lacking and getting to know "them"
is another new experience.

I wish I could say more
but I'll have to wait for the F1's to come around first.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Quads will be my next focus. I realized that my house is always kept at 72F so it's rather on the cool side. I think It might be time to switch to Montane species.

From what i understand there is a breeder for quadies in AZ. he houses them in a 30' green house with AC. im trying to get his info.

I disagree an excited quad is beautiful,i know because i have one

quadricornis.jpg

hiya hun!! , yes your boy is a beauty,great colours!!! i hope hes ok!! i did manage to find a captive bred one in the end he is being sold for £180 buit i offerd £150 so he said ok to that,hes not from that site you told me about as i couldnt get there email address up on screen(do you have it treelions?),this one is kept by a man and he replyied to my advert for one,hes in south wales u.k so only 2 hours from me and the man said he is in pristine condition with no scarring or anything and was about 1 year or so old and that he got him from someone else but is now re homing him due to wanting to concentrae on breeding his royal pythons, so i saw a picture of him he sent me and he looks ok and seems to have no damage to him and is of good weigh so i said i would take him, i just hope he was being honest!!

yes i will for sure i will! , i am not getting him until i get into my new house in a few weeks as im busy decorating at the mo and dont want to have the fumes around my reptiles at all, and it also gives me time to set up his new screen viv in the coolest corner of the house.
i know its pricy compared to the U.S.A,but i live in the uk and the prices here seem to be more than this sometimes for a wild caught quad so im thinking myself lucky to be getting a captive bred!!!, i think he is at current living in an live planted exo terra viv at his old owners home, in my opinion he will be much happier when he sees he will be in a bigger enclosure and 3/4 screend (open fronted with vents ) to keep some humidity in. i cant wait... im also getting a male fijian iguana !!!!

hiya hun!! , yes your boy is a beauty,great colours!!! i hope hes ok!! i did manage to find a captive bred one in the end he is being sold for £180 buit i offerd £150 so he said ok to that,hes not from that site you told me about as i couldnt get there email address up on screen(do you have it treelions?),this one is kept by a man and he replyied to my advert for one,hes in south wales u.k so only 2 hours from me and the man said he is in pristine condition with no scarring or anything and was about 1 year or so old and that he got him from someone else but is now re homing him due to wanting to concentrae on breeding his royal pythons, so i saw a picture of him he sent me and he looks ok and seems to have no damage to him and is of good weigh so i said i would take him, i just hope he was being honest!!

that loocks like a cham montiun, the pic in my avatar is a male quadricornius

Back
Top Bottom