quad with the arcadia 6 and 3 6.5 day light

Shaolin Chameleon

ok i got the quad with the arcadia 6 and 3 6.5 day light

will i need a basking light for the cage as well or jus these four lights

and also it comes with a led moonlight fixture will that be ok to have on at night

or should i leave it off

I'd recommend leaving the light off at night.

Also, you still need to use a basking bulb since those lights won't get the desired hot spot that your cham needs.

If the blue lights don't have their own on and off switch, just hook up a timer.
Perfect advice!
Yes, I love the blue lights on just as "dusk"....
the Tropic Blaze LYR quads have a separate plug for those so I tell everybody to get a 5.99 inexpensive light timer at walmart or lowes, and have them on for ...say... just an hour after lights out for "dusk".
This is perfect because it allows the animal to settle in the foliage to sleep just as it would in Nature.

as a matter of fact-- a new shipment of these arrives today. ;)

Cheers
Todd

ps.
for those who do not know... this is what a 24 quad looks like.

This model has 3 cords. Click on picture below to see detail.

two cords, one to each a set of 2 bulbs. = 4 (quad) bulbs total.
and the third cord goes to the LED moonlights.

Now,
Personally
for my purposes.. I use 3 inevpensive analog (dial) timers from wal mart that cost only 5.99 - 8.99 ea.
(it needs 3 prong appliance timers for bulbs, so just get 3 3 prong appliance timers (3 prongs means it has the grounded plug:D)

Then,....

2 lights come on at 8 AM for sunrise.
(I plug one heat dome light in here too.)

then

2 lights come on (including the UV bulb) at 10:30 for full sun so all 4 bulbs are on!
(I plug one heat dome light in here too. I always use 2 heat dome lights on *large* cages to create the best variety of basking spots.)

Then at 6PM 2 bulbs go out so just 2 are on for sun-set.

Then the other 2 bulbs go out at 9 PM for lghts out

AND the LED moonlight goes on from
8:30 PM - 10 PM for twilight.

Guess what?
This creates a nice simple day cycle for lighting with less than 20.00 worth of timers. :)
No need for a 400.00-500.00 computer light controller.... if you don't want one. LOL :D

OK, gotta run and go play with some more lights!
Cheers.

FYI:
this is what a 24 quad looks like.

This model has 3 cords-- each with it's own switch --
that is just perfect for creating a nice simple day cycle!
Click on picture below to see detail.

Attachments

• 001 24 QUAD A.jpg
    001 24 QUAD A.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 143
O.K., Todd basically said what I was gonna say. :rolleyes: This is the same fixture I use. I have the LED lights come on first thing in the morning and shut off about a half hour after the first set of lights come on. The LED's come back on about a half hour before lights out and stay on for about an hour. It allows my guy to wake up with the "dawn" and settle in after "sunset" if he wants to.

Here's a link to my blog about my lighting set up. (I also use two basking spots for varied choices ;).)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/771-spring-lighting-schedule.html

Hope this gives you some ideas!!! :D

O.K., Todd basically said what I was gonna say. :rolleyes: This is the same fixture I use. I have the LED lights come on first thing in the morning and shut off about a half hour after the first set of lights come on. The LED's come back on about a half hour before lights out and stay on for about an hour. It allows my guy to wake up with the "dawn" and settle in after "sunset" if he wants to.

Here's a link to my blog about my lighting set up. (I also use two basking spots for varied choices ;).)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/754-winter-lighting-schedule.html

https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/decadancin/771-spring-lighting-schedule.html

Hope this gives you some ideas!!! :D

Your the best.
;)

Perfect advice!
Yes, I love the blue lights on just as "dusk"....
the Tropic Blaze LYR quads have a separate plug for those so I tell everybody to get a 5.99 inexpensive light timer at walmart or lowes, and have them on for ...say... just an hour after lights out for "dusk".
This is perfect because it allows the animal to settle in the foliage to sleep just as it would in Nature.

as a matter of fact-- a new shipment of these arrives today. ;)

Cheers
Todd

ps.
for those who do not know... this is what a 24 quad looks like.

This model has 3 cords. Click on picture below to see detail.

two cords, one to each a set of 2 bulbs. = 4 (quad) bulbs total.
and the third cord goes to the LED moonlights.

Now,
Personally
for my purposes.. I use 3 inevpensive analog (dial) timers from wal mart that cost only 5.99 - 8.99 ea.
(it needs 3 prong appliance timers for bulbs, so just get 3 3 prong appliance timers (3 prongs means it has the grounded plug:D)

Then,....

2 lights come on at 8 AM for sunrise.
(I plug one heat dome light in here too.)

then

2 lights come on (including the UV bulb) at 10:30 for full sun so all 4 bulbs are on!
(I plug one heat dome light in here too. I always use 2 heat dome lights on *large* cages to create the best variety of basking spots.)

Then at 6PM 2 bulbs go out so just 2 are on for sun-set.

Then the other 2 bulbs go out at 9 PM for lghts out

AND the LED moonlight goes on from
8:30 PM - 10 PM for twilight.

Guess what?
This creates a nice simple day cycle for lighting with less than 20.00 worth of timers. :)
No need for a 400.00-500.00 computer light controller.... if you don't want one. LOL :D

OK, gotta run and go play with some more lights!
Cheers.

FYI:
this is what a 24 quad looks like.

This model has 3 cords-- each with it's own switch --
that is just perfect for creating a nice simple day cycle!
Click on picture below to see detail.

Just when I thought I was content with my Tropic Blaze 2 bulb setup. Thanks a lot! I see a new setup in my future...maybe for another cham. :D

ok i have a panther chameleon one year old

what would be the Recommended distance (through screening) from top of the cage

For the 6% UVB I placed mine basically on top of the screen. As long as your guy has enough foliage to take a break from the rays I wouldn't be concerned about that. For the Basking sites, I have the domes a bit away from the screen to reduce the risk of burns. (about an inch or two away.) You're looking for about 85-90 degrees for a basking temp, so you may have to experiment with some wattages. I use either a 40 or 60 watt incandescent bulb and have a basking spot of above 90. His main basking vine is about 4 - 5 inches below the screen top.

For the 6% UVB I placed mine basically on top of the screen. As long as your guy has enough foliage to take a break from the rays I wouldn't be concerned about that. For the Basking sites, I have the domes a bit away from the screen to reduce the risk of burns. (about an inch or two away.) You're looking for about 85-90 degrees for a basking temp, so you may have to experiment with some wattages. I use either a 40 or 60 watt incandescent bulb and have a basking spot of above 90. His main basking vine is about 4 - 5 inches below the screen top.

ok cool thx

Back
Top Bottom