praying mantis care HELP!

phase

hey guys. so i just found a pretty big mantis outside. i couldn't just let him be in the middle of the street so i scooped him up and now is my new pet. but i want to keep him inside a large cricket keeper.

how would i go about his new cage setup? what does he eat/drink? and how would i ensure that he is living a good life?

HE SO COOL!
thanks

Why don't you let her free in your yard? It's quite possible that if she is a she, she'll be pregnant. I had a mantis at some point, they are awesome pets and super cool.

pretty easy to keep mantids, i have a few, i feed mine on crickets, roach nymphs (dubai + green banana roach) various flies, keep them in a ventilated container with 1 diagonal stick, container should be minimum of 3 times the animals height and twice the width. mist twice a day if no substrate to retain moisture. they need humidity to moult, but if yours is big then it is probably at the adult stage. if yours is an adult you could do a more decorative tank, they need space to moult, that is the reason for the single diagonal stick, and they can still access the top and bottom of the container

rob

Why don't you let her free in your yard? l.

no plants in yard. :( just a giant pool. he was just walking down the road.
i usually hate to torture animals but i think i can care for it.plus they are like the coolest pet after my chameleon.

its the biggest mantis ive ever seen. hes about 5" long. he is white.
its great news that they can eat crickets. i dont have to get anything special for it.

thanks

Oh I see, well if the mantid is that large, he is a she. Mantids are the only insects that recognize different humans, awesome right?! Check mantidplace, hopefully you can id which mantid you have. The site has lots of helpful info.

Back
Top Bottom