Please help

How much does he weigh? Did you take him to a vet? They'll most likely tell you you'll have to start feeding him Carnivore or Omnivore Care.

How much does he weigh? Did you take him to a vet? They'll most likely tell you you'll have to start feeding him Carnivore or Omnivore Care.
I don't know his weight. Were do you get this food your talking about. I don't think he would eat it. If you have to force feed him.

You do not force feed unless they have gone off food for a period of time.

Is he eating everything your giving him? Because that is not much food intake if that is the amount you have been feeding the entire time. Most at 6 months are easily taking down a dozen feeders a day. So if you have been only feeding 3-5 feeders a day the last 6 months he has not been getting the food needed for the growth they do in the first year of their life.

You do not force feed unless they have gone off food for a period of time.

Is he eating everything your giving him? Because that is not much food intake if that is the amount you have been feeding the entire time. Most at 6 months are easily taking down a dozen feeders a day. So if you have been only feeding 3-5 feeders a day the last 6 months he has not been getting the food needed for the growth they do in the first year of their life.
Thanks for the information I'm going to feed more and see if he will eat it .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230220_170845_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230220_170845_Messages.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 33
Most of us feed as much as they will eat daily until roughly a year old then cut back to three to five feeders every other day. Most growing occurs in the first year so under feeding during this period can stunt growth.

Most of us feed as much as they will eat daily until roughly a year old then cut back to three to five feeders every other day. Most growing occurs in the first year so under feeding during this period can stunt growth.
He has never ate more then 5 crickets in 1 day. I wish he would eat more

He has never ate more then 5 crickets in 1 day. I wish he would eat more
If he has always been that way then you need to get another fecal done. Just because a fecal comes back clean does not mean they are in fact parasite free. If the parasites are not passing the eggs then the eggs do not come out in the fecal where they can be detected. While young they can easily take down a dozen or two insects in one day.

If he has always been that way then you need to get another fecal done. Just because a fecal comes back clean does not mean they are in fact parasite free. If the parasites are not passing the eggs then the eggs do not come out in the fecal where they can be detected. While young they can easily take down a dozen or two insects in one day.
My first guy Georgie took out 22 crickets in a feeding when he was around 6 months old. Hopefully he'll eat more and it doesn't become a parasite sitch.

Sometimes they like different food too. I've heard the roaches work well?

My first guy Georgie took out 22 crickets in a feeding when he was around 6 months old. Hopefully he'll eat more and it doesn't become a parasite sitch.

Sometimes they like different food too. I've heard the roaches work well?
I've been giving him 10 -12 crickets and a super worms for a couple of days now he still only eats 3-4 crickets and the worm. He will not even eat dubia roaches at all I've tried many many times.

I've been giving him 10 -12 crickets and a super worms for a couple of days now he still only eats 3-4 crickets and the worm. He will not even eat dubia roaches at all I've tried many many times.
THis is why you need the fecal checked... The major side effect of most parasites is reduced appetite to no appetite.

Back
Top Bottom