Plant Question ???

ZuggieTheCham

could anyone please tell me what plant this is and if it is a indoor or a outside plant please ??

6d9b6845-600f-071c.jpg

6d9b6845-601d-a0bc.jpg

Looks like a Japanese Maple to me, those are usually outdoor plants, but nothing stopping you giving it a go indoors!

Looks like a Japanese Maple to me, those are usually outdoor plants, but nothing stopping you giving it a go indoors!

Ooooh lol thanks trill :D
Zuggie loves it!! And it was left in the back ally so me and nick claimed it well zuggie did, he wouldn't get off it!!! And he even dropped a sperm plug on it infront of everone outside! So that just goes to show he has no shame hehe!! And that he likes this plant a little too much ;) dirty bugger!! Lol ive cleaned it all down and changed the soil around and put fresh rocks on the bottom, hopefully it doesnt die on me!! Thanks for the info :D love this forum !!!!!

Plant Question

I agree that it looks a bit like a Japanese Maple. It will probably drop all its leaves inside, but you could always attack some fake ones. Maybe he won't notice the difference.

If it is a Japanese Maple, then it will drop its leaves for the winter. These also need a winter dormancy period. If you put a couple of daylight compact fluourescent bulbs over it, and plan on putting it outside for a couple of months during winter, it might do quite well. Many people use various Japanese Maple hybrids as bonsai trees, which are often kept indoors much of the time, but even bonsai maples need the winter dormancy.

Good luck!

Okay thankyou!!i think it is a japanese maple as it looks like a massive bonsai tree lol! At least i know what to expect, i probably would of threw it out if it started dropping leaves if i didn't know. i can put it outside during winter no problem

Thanks again!!

I think it is, ill take some more pics that are closer when i get in from work,
And it looks safe to me but would like to know for sure or not, it doesn't say in that thread that its safe or that its not lol :(

Here's a few more pictures close up and bigger should be able to see these abit better, for some strange and annoying reason the tapatalk app on my iphone makes the pics big and gives me an option on the quality, i paid more for the ipad app and it just post the pic very very small with no detail atall and gives me no option over size so ive had to do it thru my iphone, what you guys think is it a japanese maple? And if it is does anyone know if its safe??
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344173812.635492.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344173825.797975.jpg

Japanese maples don't do well inside. Its true that they are often bonsai and brought inside but that is never more than a couple days. I dont thinkt he plant will do too well inside.:(

Japanese maples don't do well inside. Its true that they are often bonsai and brought inside but that is never more than a couple days. I dont thinkt he plant will do too well inside.:(

Ooh :( well its not really a problem i can have it outside and it can just be zuggies outside plant :)

Back
Top Bottom