Phetven is on his way!! My new Italian leatherback!y

No, I have newspaper at the bottom, didn't want him to eat any. ( saying him, could be her,lol ).
That's a rock, think it's called a rainbow rock. Has slight rough feel to it.
Still haven't come up with a name yet.
Kath.

I am thinking of the play sand. I have read a lot of diff views. Ugh. I don't know!!!! Lol but I'll wait till he is bigger.

Here's Bentley having snuggles.
When I went to put him back he turned round and hopped back in my hand and crawled back up on me :)

4abehava.jpg

vetaqe7a.jpg

Kath.

Lol that's too cute. He lays just like Stephen. Iiiiiiiiii just agreed to adopt this guy, see below. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393714687.558991.jpg

He is coming from a friend who's kids lost interest. She said they don't hold him, so I might need to come out swinging with wax worms and horn worms. ;)

Ohhhh Kath :( picked him up
Just now. He had no UVB for a year. I literally ran out of there with him. He is my baby now. I picked him up a 10.0 reptizoom. He will be a spoiled sweet boy. Bleaching his tank now.

This thread is now the official bearded dragon forum. I just purchased Appa's girlfriend. I still don't have Appa as his tail is almost healed, but the liquid bandage needs to fall off. I will get his girlfriend on Friday though! Attached is a pic, she is tiny... Only six to seven inches. Now I need to build another cage! It will keep me busy till Friday.

Laura

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 171
Penny.. My friend has a bearded dragon and he has never used a UVB. I have tried to tell him that he needs a UVB and he insists that he is getting sunlight from the window. His beardy is sixteen months and only about 14 inches long. He also doesn't supplement often. It is so frustrating! Is this the beardy you thought you might get a few weeks ago, or do you now have three?

Laura

Aww appas gf sure is cute. Find it frustrating too when people don't listen.
Pp, so glad you've got him outta there. Kath.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393810114.875963.jpg
yzuguguh.jpg

He had no UVB and no light. They were using a ceramic heat bulb. His sand smelled pretty bad. Driving home I was gagging. I got it cleaned out, bleached everything 2x, then rinsed in water so hot my hands hurt! Then I put him in and started dropping in super worms and wax worms and OMG he flipped! He was chowing down hard! Then he ate some kale and collard greens. Plus some of his beardie food. He LOVES his halogen basking bulb. It's so sad when I set it to the side for feeding he tries to glass surf to it. As soon as I put the lid back and reposition the lights he jumps up on his drift wood and is so happy. He ate from my hand and let me pet him some. He just needs socialization so he will be like this lazy little fart you see below. Lol ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393810375.007330.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393810126.540641.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393810126.540641.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 170
Oh boy! Poor thing, glad he has you now. How old is he? Name?
Love watching them eat. Bentley licked me the other day :/ should I take it as a compliment? Lol. Kath.

He is three years old. I named him Phil. Yes you should! They do it scope things out and to show affection ;) he loves you!

Phil's a good name. How's he settling in?
Bentley is such a sweetheart. Licked me a few times now. When I go to put him back in, he turns round and runs back up my arm :)
Before lights out tonight, he was really expanding his chest, then when breathing out he kind of snapped his mouth open and shut. Not wide, just a little. Did it a couple of times. Will keep eye on it. He's also rubbed sides of his mouth on the rock, maybe he's due a shed?
Kath.

Baby's will shed a lot. The mouth thing iv seen both my beardies do. I think they are smelling. Phil is doing great. He loves baths. I adore him. Steve is start to shed too. Our babies are both about to shed. :)

Gave Bentley a bath this evening. Loved it, sat on my hand in the water, drank some and almost fell asleep.
He's not eating as much as I'd like, but is eating some. He is doing a bit more than just basking the last couple of days, so maybe just settling in. Only had him just over a week.
He's just so adorable!
Kath.

Phil pooped in his bath and omg it was huge!!!!!! I'm use to Steve's lil baby poos. Phil dropped a bomb!!!! I used a whole bottle if bleach to clean the tub afterwards. It was impressive dude.

How high are his temps? Iv got Steve at 105 for basking. He was kind of sluggish, but now is really alert, eating more and pooping once a day. I had it at 95, and he was going every other day. There is so much info out there, iv just started watching my guy closer but doing what seems to work best for him. Higher temps for babies seem to work better from what I'm seeing. Phil on the other hand prefers 96. He avoids the 100 spot, so iv lifted the lamp so now it's 96 only in his spot. He is pretty lazy either way though. Lol

His basking spot is around 102 now, it was a little lower at first. He's pooped and they look ok.
Hopefully he will eat a bit more now temps are higher.
I've read in a few places that people put their beardie in a separate tank to feed?
Kath.

Iv read that too. I watched a YouTube video too that showed the basic plastic feeding bins to do it in. I think I might. Crickets keep hiding in his log so every night I have to soak it to kill them. Gets really annoying. Steven is spoiled rotten. He has started sleeping in my hair up by my neck every night and only hand feeding his greens.

Iv created a monster.

Lol. Bentley goes up to my neck too. Even when I'm trying to put him back he jumps back on me and heads up to my neck. Think I'll try the feed bin too.
Kath.

Back
Top Bottom