Phetven is on his way!! My new Italian leatherback!y

He arrived this morning. I wasn't here sadly. Husband was, but I still wished I'd been the one to unwrap him :( lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392776743.043000.jpg

He has fallen asleep on my chest. I covered him up with my tshirt. If I stop rubbing his head he nudges my finger. Really cool experience owning a beardie.

Wow.. Now I am really excited for mine to arrive! How many crickets is he eating? My beardies breeder said at this stage they could eat 40-60 a day. I have so many crickets just waiting for him because I thought he would be here last week. My chameleons won't even begin to make a dent. He looks so much bigger then eight inches! Mine is also suppose to be eight inches, however that was almost two weeks ago.. He will prob be more like ten when I get him.

He's adorable!

He is so tiny!!!! He eats about 25 pin heads each feeding or less. He gets a warm soak in his pool in the morning, and at night. He pooped this morning during bath time. He sleeps on my chest in the evenings then I put him to bed in his tank in one of my hubby's old t shirts. He crawls under it and passes out. Then I unwrap him in the morning and rub his head to say hello. I love his little face. He is also shedding.

I hope mine is as friendly as yours! Hopefully this is the perfect compliment to the chameleons. As I know I stress my guys out because I love just looking at them an watching them eat and drink. They would of course prefer I just go away. So now with the beardy I am hoping I will leave my Cham alone a bit more and allow them time to adjust.

My care will be similar to yours although I have to use utter butter lotion on mine after his baths because he is a silky. I think I am only suppose to do one bath a day though and when he gets older it goes to 3-4 baths a week.

I am happy that your little guy arrived safe and it seems like he has already established himself I to your family!

Iv heard about the utter butter. If you mate two leatherback you get a silkie, so I'm curious if I should pick some up too. He was finishing a shed it looked like on arrival, now he is starting a new one. So I'm really just giving 5 min soaks. He is still skiddish, kinda of clumsy. But I am calm and I talk to him and hand fed first chance I got him to eat. At bed time I turn off the den lights and lay him on my bare chest by my neck and rub his little head and he passes out, hard! He was so passed out I put him on his t shirt and he woke up only after me walking almost over to his cage. He is a wee little thing. He is really alert and loves watching my kids. He waves to me too, which I'm told is a sign of submission, but won't do it to anyone else. My hubby is 6'4 and hairy, I'd think he'd submit to him lol. Guess he likes the woman with the warm skin and food ! Plus I sing to him. He is helping keep me sane while I wait for my veiled to get through her first clutch. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392870651.824133.jpg him basking before lights out.

So I guess the waving is submission and the head bobbing is dominance. I am suppose to get an update today on my silkie's tail. If she delays it again i will be so disappointed. Here is a photo of Appa. It really isn't a great photo as you can't even see his face... Apparently he is constantly in shed and has gotten a lot whiter since this pic. Hopefully she will send me more pics if she delays it again today.

I just read your thread on Frita's tongue. I have had some on and off tongue issues with my panther since I got him about two months ago. I have gotten to the point that i pull of the cricket legs and feed him a lot of easy things to catch. His issue is more that he shorts short and wide.. But only every once in a while.
My daughter is watching him this weekend, while I goto a soccer tournament with my younger daughter. When I told her she had to pull of the cricket legs she just absolutely threw a fit and refused.. So hopefully this weekend he doesn't have the shooting issues. I also fill a cup full of Phoenix worms, and he gobbles those up as soon as I put them in, so he will at least get those.

Are frita's eggs going to be fertile?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 137
They won't be. She seems determined to dig in her fig tree. I took out the rocks, she is hell bent about it. I put her in the egg laying bin and she goes back to her tree. So I filled the pot to top with more soil, removed the rocks, and left the egg laying bin. Ugh!!! I can't wait till this is over!'n

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393038475.352041.jpg

So these guys really like consistency. I usually hold him around 9 and wrap him at 9:30 for lights out but tonight I was running late. So at. 9:45 he was glass surfing like crazy. So I got in pjs, gave him his bath and got him all snuggled up. Beardies def are a very cool reptile. And sweet! Any word on your little one yet? Can't wait to see pics.

I got an email that he was healing well, but she would update me again on Friday. The wait is killing me. I actually purchased him on the 3rd of feb., and was suppose to pick him up two weeks ago. I keep looking on line for a little girl friend for him.... But I am holding myself back to meet him first.

How does yours sleep? Or shall I say where?
My baby is currently spread over the top of a rock :/ looks cute.
Kath.

I fold over a shirt for him. I take him out every night and lay him up by my neck and pet him on his head till he passes out hard (about 30 min) and I put the heat lamp over the shirt, from up top, I just direct it over it, so the tshirt is warm and cozy, then lay him on it and cover him but leave his nose poking out. He sleeps like a rock. In the morning I pull back the shirt and talk to him and pet his head and put him on his log. Then about 2 hours later we do a warm 15 min soak then breakfast. At first he was jumpy and weird, but now he snuggles up to me like a champ. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393278878.682879.jpg

He is too cute. I love how they have to turn their heads to see stuff. Like they are suspecting us of something lol. I love how they hug their basking perches. So sweet.

Back
Top Bottom