panther hatchling not growing

plzhelp

i have a baby panther that hatched on june 9th and i don’t think he’s grown much. he didn’t eat the first week of his life then i switched up my way of feeding him and he eats the fruit flys everytime i look but he just isn’t growing at all. i see they’re supposed to grow an inch a month and he definitely hasnt, does anyone know anyway to beef him up i tried giving him pinhead crickets today but he didn’t eat much. i also don’t know what to be dusting the bugs with i sprinkle calcium without d3 like 2 to 3 times a week. I release 50-75 flys in a little butterfly cage with a fern type plant once a day and i havent ever dusted with d3 should i?

What is the cage set up like that you have the baby in? Can you post a picture?
i wont be home for a couple hours this is the only picture i could find, also does anyone know a website i could purchase some good bendy sticks so he can run around on top without having to hang upside down. the light situation is a 50 w uv bulb i think i set it 8 inches from top of cage and a th50 bar light 6 inches from top.

Attachments

• IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 54
i wont be home for a couple hours this is the only picture i could find, also does anyone know a website i could purchase some good bendy sticks so he can run around on top without having to hang upside down. the light situation is a 50 w uv bulb i think i set it 8 inches from top of cage and a th50 bar light 6 inches from top.
So the flukers bend a branch are really good. And if you order the small size they are nice and tiny for babies. Sometimes the chain stores carry them as well.

What is the bulb strength of the T5HO UVB bulb?

What temps are at the top?

So the flukers bend a branch are really good. And if you order the small size they are nice and tiny for babies. Sometimes the chain stores carry them as well.

What is the bulb strength of the T5HO UVB bulb?

What temps are at the top?
i don’t have anything to measure the temps but these are the bulbs and this is my set up, thank you for helping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 53
i don’t have anything to measure the temps but these are the bulbs and this is my set up, thank you for helping.
You want to get a gauge with probe to hook on the top screen below the heat lamp to see what your temps are. Babies are extremely sensitive to heat. Alot of breeders do not put heat lamps on them or if they do they use a low watt regular incandesant bulb not a focused basking bulb which is what you have there.

For your UVB look on that package it should say if it is a 5.0 or 10.0 bulb. Tell me the exact measured distance you have from the bottom of the UVB fixture to the screen and then to the branches below it.

How are you feeding him in a cup or egg carton? Or are you just turning them lose in the cage?

How are you providing water?

You would still want to dust your feeders in calcium without D3 every feeding. Very lightly dusting them. They should not be coated in it. Repashy NoD is a very fine calcium without D3 supplement. It is nice because it does not coat like powdered donuts like some of the more common brands will.

You want to get a gauge with probe to hook on the top screen below the heat lamp to see what your temps are. Babies are extremely sensitive to heat. Alot of breeders do not put heat lamps on them or if they do they use a low watt regular incandesant bulb not a focused basking bulb which is what you have there.

For your UVB look on that package it should say if it is a 5.0 or 10.0 bulb. Tell me the exact measured distance you have from the bottom of the UVB fixture to the screen and then to the branches below it.

How are you feeding him in a cup or egg carton? Or are you just turning them lose in the cage?

How are you providing water?

You would still want to dust your feeders in calcium without D3 every feeding. Very lightly dusting them. They should not be coated in it. Repashy NoD is a very fine calcium without D3 supplement. It is nice because it does not coat like powdered donuts like some of the more common brands will.
i am feeding him in a tiny butterfly cage with a plant in there dropping the food at the top and placing him on top i just tried feeding him right now and he didn’t eat when i tried taking him out of the cage i saw he was very unstable falling after every step he does not look good is there anything i can do to help him? i have been spraying water on the leaves in his cage and i drop the tiniest amount of calcium without d3 on his food like 3 times a week

Your lights seem to be very far from the cage. I’m not sure he’s getting enough UVB. Also…you need to know the temperature where it sits to bask. @Beman can explain about the UVB better than I can.

Also…please keep just in thread so we can keep track of what’s happening better.

i am feeding him in a tiny butterfly cage with a plant in there dropping the food at the top and placing him on top i just tried feeding him right now and he didn’t eat when i tried taking him out of the cage i saw he was very unstable falling after every step he does not look good is there anything i can do to help him? i have been spraying water on the leaves in his cage and i drop the tiniest amount of calcium without d3 on his food like 3 times a week
So you are removing him from his cage to put him in the butterfly cage every day to try to feed him?

We need to review your UVB distance and bulb type. I need to know your bulb strength on the bulb it will say 5.0 or 10.0 I need to know which it is. Your UVB is really far away and I doubt he is getting the UVB he needs.

Back
Top Bottom