chameleon not eating

sketchtone

the first day i had him he ate out of a feeding cup. the issue was that it was clear and he shot at the outside of it. yesterday, i covered it so he would only shoot from the open part. he didn’t feel like eating, but i assumed it was since he pooped the day he ate and didn’t poop yesterday. today he is also disinterested in his food. ive only got crickets right now (other buggies on the way) but im thinking of getting him a treat bug if he doesn’t eat today. i don’t think he’s had a treat bug but id be willing to try. the crickets keep jumping out of his cup if he takes too long and they’re impossible to catch at the bottom of his enclosure. he’s around 4-6 months and im a bit concerned he isn’t thinking about eating yet. i was removing the cup from his enclosure yesterday and he hitched a ride onto my hand and then up a bit before he went back in. he seems more interested in exploring and basking (which i kind of expected) but its concerning he hasn’t eaten.

the first day i had him he ate out of a feeding cup. the issue was that it was clear and he shot at the outside of it. yesterday, i covered it so he would only shoot from the open part. he didn’t feel like eating, but i assumed it was since he pooped the day he ate and didn’t poop yesterday. today he is also disinterested in his food. ive only got crickets right now (other buggies on the way) but im thinking of getting him a treat bug if he doesn’t eat today. i don’t think he’s had a treat bug but id be willing to try. the crickets keep jumping out of his cup if he takes too long and they’re impossible to catch at the bottom of his enclosure. he’s around 4-6 months and im a bit concerned he isn’t thinking about eating yet. i was removing the cup from his enclosure yesterday and he hitched a ride onto my hand and then up a bit before he went back in. he seems more interested in exploring and basking (which i kind of expected) but its concerning he hasn’t eaten.
he seems interested when i hold the cup in front of him and set it back! he just waited to start eating until a got concerned and said something lol.

Sometimes chams can be shy eaters! Mine one day is fine eating from a dish in my hand other days I have to set the dish in the enclosure he walk out in order for him to eat. Also If you get a deep enough dish the crickets will have a harder time jumping out as well( I use the containers my roaches get delivered in). Also try giving more of a variety of bugs Chams can get bored with their food, for example one day I give my cham crickets with super worms and another day he gets roaches with wax worm.

Sometimes chams can be shy eaters! Mine one day is fine eating from a dish in my hand other days I have to set the dish in the enclosure he walk out in order for him to eat. Also If you get a deep enough dish the crickets will have a harder time jumping out as well( I use the containers my roaches get delivered in). Also try giving more of a variety of bugs Chams can get bored with their food, for example one day I give my cham crickets with super worms and another day he gets roaches with wax worm.
I made another post about him recently, since he isn’t eating much. I have put a few less crickets (so he’d be less intimidated) in for him daily (around six) and he doesn’t even eat them even if I leave him be. I put them in early and take them out a bit before bedtime, and I know I should take them out sooner, but I want him to have a long enough chance to get some. He refuses to eat supers anymore since he had one and was constipated for a few days. He was disinterested in hornworms, and still won’t try them. He will literally only eat crickets and wax worms. I know they can be addicted to wax worms, but he will only eat one from my hand or tongs. He refuses to eat them any other way and any more than one. No matter if I give him a minute or hours after his last, he won’t touch them.

Has he been tested for intestinal parasites? When my Cham was around the same age he had pin worms and I went through a similar problem.

Back
Top Bottom