Padre (my Parsonii) Needs Your Thoughts and Prayers

Oh Jann.... I'm sorry to hear you are now having to deal with an issue with Padre!!!!!
They are all so well cared for and spoiled rotten!!!!!!! :).
Has it been causing him a problem? Is it something that "needs" fixing? I'm not doubting your vets just curious about the situation.. :eek:

Praying for you and all your creatures!!!!!!!!

Many good wishes and positive thoughts to you padre and the rest of your family!! And a fast recovery for padre!!

Now that is wild. In humans, from what i have read they say it is a deformity caused during growth as a embryo. \
I guess my question would be to whoever does my examinations. Has this spot been checked before or has it been over looked. From my understanding is that this genetic deformity can also happen later in life when cancer is involved in the area.

This is quite the find and thanks for posting. I wonder how rare this is...This may help others that cant figure out why an animal keeps getting RI's or intestinal prolapse, .

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Transesophageal+fistula

Was he showing any signs to lead them to look here?

Hope all goes well for padre.

holy cow Jann, just getting on the forum and was shocked to see this. Wishing you and Padre all the best. You certainly do not deserve all the things that have been happening to your animals, especially with the way you take care of them. You are a star cham keeper and don't you ever let yourself think otherwise!!! You go above and beyond to keep you animals healthy and are living proof that things just go wrong regardless of how wonderful the care. Please let us know how things turn out after the surgery.

my goodness that looks terrible. Padre is lucky to have you as an owner - he will get the best possible care and vet attention.
Thinking only the most postive of thoughts...

Oh no jann:( my fingers are crossed and I will be thinking and praying for you and him. I hope all goes well....

Last edited:
Jann, both Padre & Luie's problems were oral, is there something in your husbandry that needs some altering?

Maybe adult roaches/otherinsects with sharp legs? I cut the legs off to avoid things like this. I also squish superworm jaws before feeding them to any of my reptiles.

Maybe their water isn't very clean? Maybe there is corrosive chemicals or bacteria or something in the water?

Just some thoughts, hope this is a quick fix!

Poor padre! I will be adding him to my thought and prayers of you red and Luie. I'm so sorry things aren't going so well for you lately Jann xxx

:( pf i feel so sorry for Padre.
but i am pretty sure he will be ok after the surgery !
Good luck to both of you, lots of pple are by your side !
We are waiting the good news !
Stay strong .

Thank you for all the warm wishes, thought and prayers. I will talk to the vets to see what they think could have caused this. Brock, I use nothing but RO water but don't pull legs off of feeders so maybe something scratched him on the ways down and if got infected. I believe the mouth is a common place that chameleons have problem because ever since I've been taking chams to the vets (8 years) one of the first things they do is look in the mouth. Dr. Alfonso even told me to do a weekly mouth check on my guys for anything unusual but my husband and I never saw this.

Back
Top Bottom