outdoor question

rocket89

today i took my chameleon outside with his cage so he can get some outside life but i started noticing that he trying to find a way to escape. he been walking around the bottom of the cage or by the door and force his nose to push his way out. have anyone had this problem before? he is in his large cage and i put it in an area where there is half sun and half shade.

i have 2 outdoor cages. one hangs and doesnt go to the ground, the other sits on the ground. whenever i put Stanley in the one sitting on the ground he spends half of his time walking around on the bottom of it trying to find an escape! when hes in the "penthouse suite" he is content to just clamer around on the vines and branches! :)
is yours sitting on the ground or elevated?

i have 2 outdoor cages. one hangs and doesnt go to the ground, the other sits on the ground. whenever i put Stanley in the one sitting on the ground he spends half of his time walking around on the bottom of it trying to find an escape! when hes in the "penthouse suite" he is content to just clamer around on the vines and branches! :)
is yours sitting on the ground or elevated?

mines is in the ground, should i put it top of something?

My cham has an outdoor cage. He does that when he is ready to go back inside the house. I open his outdoor cage and he walks across the deck, through the doorway, and back into the house to his free range.

He may be afraid of something, though and not feel safe if he does it right away.

My cham has an outdoor cage. He does that when he is ready to go back inside the house. I open his outdoor cage and he walks across the deck, through the doorway, and back into the house to his free range.

He may be afraid of something, though and not feel safe if he does it right away.

then it could be my dog that walks around the back yard

Last edited:
If he isn't used to your dog or the outdoor surroundings, he may just be afraid. I would definitely put his cage up as high as you can to make him feel more secure.

mines is in the ground, should i put it top of something?

Yes, I would deffinately elevate it somehow. Even if it's only a foot or two it will make him feel safer and more secure to be above possible threats... The top of my elevated cage is a good 6 feet from the ground, Stanley loves being high!!!!!

Yes, I would deffinately elevate it somehow. Even if it's only a foot or two it will make him feel safer and more secure to be above possible threats... The top of my elevated cage is a good 6 feet from the ground, Stanley loves being high!!!!!

im going to try that right now, thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom