not too much longer...

yay! finally in 17 days i will be a chameleomom once again! my parents got me an ambilobe panther chameleon egg for my birthday june 11, and it's supposed to hatch november 21! i'm so excited! ever since my lizzie passed just over a month ago from unknown causes, this little egg gave me hope for something! lizzie was my first major loss that wasn't a fish and of course i was heartbroken... every day i would still go to give lizzie her crickets, it took me a while to realize she wasn't still with me. i am very excited that i will have a chameleon again!i learn more and more every day, this forum really is a blessing and thank you to everyone who has helped me! i love the cham keeping hobby, i will post a pic of my enclosure as it gets finished :) thanks for reading!

-Tawny

yay! finally in 17 days i will be a chameleomom once again! my parents got me an ambilobe panther chameleon egg for my birthday june 11, and it's supposed to hatch november 21! i'm so excited! ever since my lizzie passed just over a month ago from unknown causes, this little egg gave me hope for something! lizzie was my first major loss that wasn't a fish and of course i was heartbroken... every day i would still go to give lizzie her crickets, it took me a while to realize she wasn't still with me. i am very excited that i will have a chameleon again!i learn more and more every day, this forum really is a blessing and thank you to everyone who has helped me! i love the cham keeping hobby, i will post a pic of my enclosure as it gets finished :) thanks for reading!

-Tawny

Tawny, babies are not easy to raise. They are so tiny that anything wrong with their husbandry affects them immediately. You don't have any time to correct your errors with tiny babies.

Do you have fruit fly cultures ready? How are you going to be housing this baby?

Maybe you are 100% prepared, but when I hear someone that sounds like a novice talking about keeping young babies, let alone a hatchling, I worry.

Tawny, babies are not easy to raise. They are so tiny that anything wrong with their husbandry affects them immediately. You don't have any time to correct your errors with tiny babies.

Do you have fruit fly cultures ready? How are you going to be housing this baby?

Maybe you are 100% prepared, but when I hear someone that sounds like a novice talking about keeping young babies, let alone a hatchling, I worry.
yes we have been doing our research for about 2 years before doing the baby thing. we are ordering wingless fruit flies on monday and pinhead crickets a little bit later. i will post a picture of my setup as it gets to be finished. thank you for your concern!

also my dad had about 6 chams growing up he had 4 veileds 2 panthers and he may have had another one. they all lived to be around 4 years, give or take a few and we are willing and able to pay any and all expenses as we know this hobby is very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom