New to this

You do really need to get some more foilage and vines in the cage, that's not enough cover for the Cham. Another suggestion for food. Have you tried locusts and dubia roaches. My Cham wont eat worms of any kind, I think he enjoys the hunt ,, how often are you spraying/misting him?
Yes I am in the process of still adding to her home. Added three more live plants took out the water fall and put in a dripper.havent done change in feeding have lots of cricket and worms. She's still eating fine.she gets misted two to three times a day, there's also a humidifier in plants around outside of enclosure.

Nice chameleon poll for her to dance on it:)I will suggest if u build a outdoor cage ,make sure is rattlesnake proof,I heard they got lots of them in the Mojave dessert :rolleyes:
That's my lamp base in family room she really liked it. I plan on using some type of chicken wire small meshed. We live by a farm and there's lots of flys in summer. Won't leave in there over night. She has two Doberman pinchers that will protect her out side. Haven't seen but one snake since living here two yrs now. That one was out in the real desert no community. I've seen one black widow in the yard would that be harmful to her?

That's my lamp base in family room she really liked it. I plan on using some type of chicken wire small meshed. We live by a farm and there's lots of flys in summer. Won't leave in there over night. She has two Doberman pinchers that will protect her out side. Haven't seen but one snake since living here two yrs now. That one was out in the real desert no community. I've seen one black widow in the yard would that be harmful to her?
Ahhh, Black widow Baby :rolleyes:....that depends if the cham getting her first or vice versa,Black widow are very poisonous n deadly,u need bug traps not even the Doberman pinchers can save it:)

Ahhh, Black widow Baby :rolleyes:....that depends if the cham getting her first or vice versa,Black widow are very poisonous n deadly,u need bug traps not even the Doberman pinchers can save it:)
I know they are scary only found one in two yrs, they're more nocturnal. I don't plan on leaving her outside at night. She'll be put back inside in her screened enclosure so nothing can get her while we sleep. My other boys are in house at night also.

You could make her happier if you didn't feed her the meal worms. The outer chitinous shell is hard for chameleons to digest & can cause impaction! You could try some superworms as a treat if she's big enough to eat them!
Do you think its alright to give my veiled Meal worms occasionally as a treat? I'm talking like 1 or 2 every other day...

Do you think its alright to give my veiled Meal worms occasionally as a treat? I'm talking like 1 or 2 every other day...
The mealworms outer shell is to hard for them to digest & causes blockage! So my 16 get superworms, the ones that will eat them anyway

How about the 2 Doberman?they sleep outside???
Heck no they're my babies also and are so spoiled. It's funny one is just terrified of the new addition to the family. He looks at her enclosure and is afraid. They have their own room with a waterbed. Sometimes they'll try to sleep with us but they're just so large. They are my two boys by the way.

Back
Top Bottom