New person here!

IMperfection

I dont' know if this has been discussed or not...but uhhh...the ones of you that do hold them, how do you approach the cham so that they will climb to you???

First, I make myself look as big as possible...

Then I make a lot of fast movements and loud noises and I try to look like a predator!

If that doesn't work I usually have a small branch handy that I try to coax the chameleon onto, then I pull him out of the enclosure on the branch. Chameleon on a stick :D

For babies and adults(dont forget gloves) i place my hands infront and behind them.
The gently allow them to crawl onto one of your hands.
Dont try the fast movement thing.lol
Chameleons are deaf joe....;)

Chameleons are deaf joe....;)

I knew they didn't have external ear openings, but I thought they could hear loud noises...

EDIT: I just looked it up and they lack a "middle ear" too. That would make them pretty near deaf, except maybe they can sense vibrations.

Thanks Justin :)

Last edited:
First, I make myself look as big as possible...

Then I make a lot of fast movements and loud noises and I try to look like a predator!

How old is the cham you are getting?

I got mine from Mike when he was about 8 week old. I left him alone for about a month, only fed, misted, and cleaned poo from the bottom-never held him or approached him. After a month of getting him used to hand feeding and our hands, he stepped right onto our hands and we brought him out for short periods of time every few days. This was all on his terms, never forced. Now the big old guy runs for us everytime we go near the cage. He is completely handleable at over a year old. Friendliest Cham I have had by far.

He is 4 months old...i'll put some pics up soon. I just wanted to be able to hold him, and get him use to me. Thanx for the advice

My BF has to get the Chameleons out, they hate me for some reason :( One hand in front of the Cham another hand behind the Cham. :) Works most times if you know what your doing

He is 4 months old...i'll put some pics up soon. I just wanted to be able to hold him, and get him use to me. Thanx for the advice

Didn't you just post a thread that you just got him? If you did, don't hold him for at least a week, let him get settled in.

my 5.5 month old male sambava will not let me get anywhere near him..i tried it without and with gloves he opens his mouth and lunges at me,,i think im just gonna let him be,,he lets me go in the tank to clean and stuff but when i get too close to him he gets heated..

Back
Top Bottom