New owner/New enclosure/pics/Opinions?

Gensen

Hello,

Ok, finally finished for the most part setting up my enclosure for my baby Nosy Be who might I add is to arrive this week. Thought I would post some pics to see what the more experienced members think... let me know. I hope you can see by the pics they could be better I have the basking lamp on a hang stand above the cage, not much above the screen but a little. I have my little dripper also on a hanger above the cage I "camaflaged" both with greenery so it would look "nicer". The close up is of the drip tube, hoping it will drip nicely onto the flowers and trickle down. Both plants are real a ficus & a scheffelera... the vines and flowers are artificial. NO subtrate so I can wipe it up & out daily to keep the bottom clean. Humidity is almost 50%, would like to see it a bit higher. The temp at the basking spot is about 85 degrees. Also next to cage is a real scheffelera as well... thought maybe would help with humidity in the area. I do currently have a ceiling fan running up there that I plan to shut off upon "Wilson's" arrival this week... let me know what you think!

Oh, and if I let the crickets roam free in the cage, how in the heck do I get any uneaten ones out at night???
:D

P9063606.JPG

P9063605.JPG

P9063607.JPG

the set up looks awsome!!!:D

and dont worry if there is a couple crix in the cage at night, they shouldnt bother your cham...however make sure its a couple and not dozens of them....also you a put a little friut in the bottom of the cage to let the crix eat it at night and not bother your cham...:)

also quick question? what will you do for the drainage of water??

if you do have something to drain the water then i must of not seen it...

Anyway good luck with your cham!!!!!

i waant a nosy be too in the future...

BTW where did you het the little guy??? and who is the father?

SHOW PICS!!!!!:D:D:cool:

I think it looks good! I would add a couple more horizontal branches, but that's just me;)

The umbrella plant will help with the humidity.

If you can't get all of the crickets out, you can put a small piece of fruit at the bottom of the cage so they will chew on that instead of your chameleon.

Turning off the fan is a good idea. If you need to move the air you can use a house fan and point it towards the floor.

Congratulations on your new edition! I can't wait to see pictures of Wilson :D

Last edited:
New/Cage/Drainage...

the set up looks awsome!!!:D

(Quote: also quick question? what will you do for the drainage of water??

if you do have something to drain the water then i must of not seen it...

Anyway good luck with your cham!!!!!)

As for the drainage!!! lol... that is my only "hurdle" that I am concerned about and do know what to expect.... I am going to be using the little dripper a few times a day and also hand misting... that being considered I thought I would see how things go as far as how much "mess" I will end up with during those times, I thought if it was not too bad I could just put some papertowel down and then wipe the bottom dry when finished the "dripping interval" but as this is my fist time not sure how realistic that is? I did look at the drainage pans sold by TikiTiki and though if plan A is not working that I would go that route and drill some holes in the floor to drain... my concern here was that is I prop the cage up on something to sit it in a pan then will the cage floor be strong enough to bear the weight of the two plants ect that I have in there? Any thoughts or suggestions on that???

Thanks a bunch! I can't wait to get rolling... I have done tons of research and read about 5 books cover to cover... but I also know nothing replaces "hands on experience"!;)

Sire pics/Thanks for the imput!

Ok, here are the two pics of the sire to my "Wilson".... I am getting my baby from Kammerflage.. the sires name is Roland.

I am super excited, and as said have done tons of reseach and parused the forums to make sure I do all I can to give this guy a happy & healthy life! Not worried about my lighting as I got the cage & lights from the breeder. But for sure wanted you guys imput on the set up pics I posted ect...
:D

Roland%20-%204_small1.jpg

Roland%20edit%201a_small.jpg

Wow if Wilson looks like daddy you will have a beauty. I do use the drip pans, I just drilled a hole put in a connecter so I could insert a piece of fish tubing which drains to a bucket, very easy. No problem at all on the cage holding the weight while sitting on the collection trays.

I have a Kammerlage Kreation panther(Sambava). They have gorgeous chams! I am sure you will love yours as much as I do mine. And Liddy Kammer is one of the nicest and helpful people do deal with being a new cham owner! Good luck!

Nice setup. I have 2 suggestions.

The lower branches just off the floor need to be removed/moved up; you will find cleaning a lot easier.

Try the LLL cage collection pan for water management.

I wish all new keepers would follow your example.:D

Nick

Many thanks!

Thanks to all who have commented and open to any others as well. Yes, Liddy is very nice, and has been great. I can hardly wait! I too am hoping Wilson will look like his Daddy, Roland is super georgeous!

I will order the drip pans then, that should be the final things... other than Wilson!!! LOL!!
:p

Back
Top Bottom