New enclosure heating issue help.....

Ddieni

I think I posted this in wrong area before......Hi I am new here. I've been playing around for the last week on getting my enclosure ready for my panther I've yet to order due to temp issues.

I have a reptibreeze 16x16x30
The mini dual dome w 100 watt purple night bulb 75 halogen basking bulb
And separate 5.0 UVB
I have the monsoon only using 1 head set to 12 seconds every 1.5 hours
1 decent sized live plant and fake vines and greengage

Problem under the 2 bulbs at basking sights are 110 left 90 right and middle of cage is 65f my house is 65f I plexied the rear of cage. Why can't I get ambient tem up ? It's to hot at top and to cold mid and down.

Thanks for the help!

here is a helpful link to get started right with temps and care https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

a night time light is really unessary,and you will need a uvb bulb of some sorts..is the cage on the floor or on a stand? Im glad to see you working out the issue before you have purchased the cham,thats a great start..and welcome to the forums,hope this helps some.

here is a helpful link to get started right with temps and care https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/panther/

a night time light is really unessary,and you will need a uvb bulb of some sorts..is the cage on the floor or on a stand? Im glad to see you working out the issue before you have purchased the cham,thats a great start..and welcome to the forums,hope this helps some.

Hi thanks for reply I have a 5.0 UVB in there now..... I've read I think every care sheet Google has to offer haha just have issues with not getting heat to mid and below of the tank . Also another one I can't find is how often do I set the monsoon mister? It's not supposed to be wet all the time just a few times a day to keep humidity up right?

Also do you think I should change out the night bulb for maybe another day bulb if I don't need to run a bulb at night? Would that give more lower level heat.

Thanks

You really only need one basking bulb for a cage that size. That is a small cage and you do not want to heat it up too much. No night light as advised and I would have your basking temp no higher than 90. As far as the mister goes, I would run it like three to four times a day for about 2-3 minutes at a time. It can sometimes take chameleons that long to start drinking. 15 seconds is not long enough.

Running it for 15 seconds leave the leaves wet for 15-20 min or so. Do you think if I don 1or 2 min it would saturate the cage with a lot of water or is that what I want?

Sorry about all the questions I want it dialed in before I get one. The monsoon has cycles by hours. So is it ok for it to mist during the night? If i do 6-8 hour cycles it will be some night misting

Thanks

Well, do you have any type of drainage? Do you see your chameleon drinking after running it for that short of a period? Like I said, sometimes it can take quite a few minutes for them to start drinking or to recognize the water. The misting also helps with humidity levels as you probably notice it rises after the mister runs and then goes back down as it dries out. If you see your chameleon drinking, then it is ok.

Sorry about all the questions I want it dialed in before I get one. The monsoon has cycles by hours. So is it ok for it to mist during the night? If i do 6-8 hour cycles it will be some night misting

Thanks

no problem on the questions. That is what we are here for! No, do not mist during the night. Would you wanna get sprayed with water while you were sleeping? lol Also, you really don't want the cage to be wet round the clock. Too much humidity or dampness is not a good thing as these guys can be prone to respiratory infections.

I've have not purchased a panther yet ... I've Been trying to dial in this enclosure for a week now just about there. As for drainage I do not .... I have a 12"x12" container on the floor with a live plant in the middle of it . I have to take plant and container out to drain .... Any better ideas on that.

If you search this forum, you can find many ideas for drainage. Some people just use paper towels to soak up the water or a towel. Some drill holes and use a catch basin underneath. There are many different ways to get rid of the water. The plant you may find will get waterlogged and end up with root rot. Make sure the pot has a lot of holes to release the water.

Back
Top Bottom