Need help

I don't disagree with the fact that bulbs are gimmicks in many cases, but there are some perks to using the bulbs I mentioned. I often will use incandescent bulbs from Lowes, but in your case, the basking bulbs will do a better job of focusing the heat to provide a proper gradient and the blue tinted bulb is going to skew his perception of things and not be as stimulating as a daylight bulb. You can keep the daylight bulb, but buy a cheap shop light and put in an Arcadia (best) or zoomed (fine too) 5.0 and on 5000 or 6500k bulb. This will make things appear more like natural sunlight and improve his sense of well being. Talk to Todd at Lightyourreptiles.com and he will be happy to help you figure out something you can manage that is closer to ideal.

I don't disagree with the fact that bulbs are gimmicks in many cases, but there are some perks to using the bulbs I mentioned. I often will use incandescent bulbs from Lowes, but in your case, the basking bulbs will do a better job of focusing the heat to provide a proper gradient and the blue tinted bulb is going to skew his perception of things and not be as stimulating as a daylight bulb. You can keep the daylight bulb, but buy a cheap shop light and put in an Arcadia (best) or zoomed (fine too) 5.0 and on 5000 or 6500k bulb. This will make things appear more like natural sunlight and improve his sense of well being. Talk to Todd at Lightyourreptiles.com and he will be happy to help you figure out something you can manage that is closer to ideal.
He drank a little this morning hoping he will drink more in private. Have dripper going and will have him sprayed at least twice while im at work. This morning he would open his mouth for a second every minute for a little. Didnt do it for long though.hope he doesnt have his eyes closed when i get home :(

He drank a little this morning hoping he will drink more in private. Have dripper going and will have him sprayed at least twice while im at work. This morning he would open his mouth for a second every minute for a little. Didnt do it for long though.hope he doesnt have his eyes closed when i get home :(

Back
Top Bottom