My veiled cham is not eating his repti worms

gerhartrx

So today I got a new feeder source Repti Worms. I put them in his feeder cup with about 10 crix. To my dismay he ate all the crix and did not touch one worm!!!:confused: Any ideas to help me get him so other feeder options.

I think he is used to the crix and I should not offer crix and wait until he trys the repti worms.

Any tricks? Thanks.

So today I got a new feeder source Repti Worms. I put them in his feeder cup with about 10 crix. To my dismay he ate all the crix and did not touch one worm!!!:confused: Any ideas to help me get him so other feeder options.

I think he is used to the crix and I should not offer crix and wait until he trys the repti worms.

Any tricks? Thanks.

Give him time. WHen I first offered my guy a waxworm, he gave me alook of wtf did you give me mom? then the next day, they were still siting there, and he eventually ate them.
I also just started feednig my guy reptiworms yesterday. and he chowed down on them, today, no such luck. Just give him time, he will eventually figure out that he love sthem

Cool. He is sitting on his cup looking at saying Where the f are my crix. I need some more dad! I told him to get the worms :)

Yeah doesn't work so well. Sometimes he blows me a kiss. Realy he is hissing at me but I have to think what I have to... He's so nice. :)

Yeah doesn't work so well. Sometimes he blows me a kiss. Realy he is hissing at me but I have to think what I have to... He's so nice. :)

Mine doe sthat too. he hisses and lunges when i try to take him out, but then he chills once he is out. I dont handle him much, but hes gotta come out for cage cleaning and his weekly physical.

At least with the reptiworms you can keep them in any plastic container with a snap on lid and feed them until they are big enough to turn into the adult fly. I guarantee your chameleons will love them then.

You tried to feed him 10 crix AND the Reptiworms?
Sounds like way too much food to me.
How much and how often du you usually feed and how old is your cham?

Try holding the worm with a pair of tweezers at the tip of one side. Then slowly make ur way closer to ur Cham. Not too fast but het close enough that he will be able to eat it but not right next to him. This way he will be able to see the worm wiggle back and forth. This should make him want to eat the worm. My Cham at first didn't want wax worms now he absolutely loves them, he just did know what they were at first.

At least with the reptiworms you can keep them in any plastic container with a snap on lid and feed them until they are big enough to turn into the adult fly. I guarantee your chameleons will love them then.

And now I ask, how the heck do you even get the worms to eat? I've offered mine some oatmeal, bran, some of that crappy Fluker's crested gecko food, Fluker's orange cricket cube, and bits of potato and they're not touching any of it!

Yea definetely. Im gonna try to feed him one or two a week, but essentially keep them till they become flies. he loves the houseflies he catches when hes out free ranging

And now I ask, how the heck do you even get the worms to eat? I've offered mine some oatmeal, bran, some of that crappy Fluker's crested gecko food, Fluker's orange cricket cube, and bits of potato and they're not touching any of it!

The worms are in their own cup with wha looks like dirt but is probably their food.

They will eat anything. If you keep them cool they will really slow down and take forever to grow. Kept warm, they will eat potato pieces probably overnight. Use leftovers, rice, really just about anything. Kept warm, they will triple in size in about three days.

I bought Ozzie 500 reptiworms and he won't touch them. He does have a new love for moths.

The worms are in their own cup with wha looks like dirt but is probably their food.

No, they're packaged in dirt. Definitely dirt.

They will eat anything. If you keep them cool they will really slow down and take forever to grow. Kept warm, they will eat potato pieces probably overnight. Use leftovers, rice, really just about anything. Kept warm, they will triple in size in about three days.

They're kept probably at around 73F. How warm are you talking?

Back
Top Bottom