My first cage build.

Ha, Amen Brother! Talk about not having proper power tools. Past a hammer, screw driver, and hack saw I feel your pain...ok, so I bought some disposable paint brushes and have an ancient electric drill! ;)

Yeah the only power tool I used was my cordless Craftsman drill, everything else was done with a hand saw, miter box, sanding block, etc. Next time around I'm hoping to have some more tools, or at least make friends with someone who does lol.

Alright I just got done shooting the video and uploading it to youtube. I should probably apologize in advance since it was done with a cell phone and it was my first attempt at narrating a video like this lol. Anywho here's the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVeb-9kdgI&feature=youtu.be. Let me know if you still have any questions, I'll be happy to help with what I can.

Nice little vid :thumbup:
Hopefully mine comes out as good quality :D

Yeah the only power tool I used was my cordless Craftsman drill, everything else was done with a hand saw, miter box, sanding block, etc. Next time around I'm hoping to have some more tools, or at least make friends with someone who does lol.

Ha! Well, you did one excellent project there. I know it was a lot of hard work doing so much of it by hand, too. I'd really like to have a miter box and a router. My wife bought me a little B&D hand jig saw that I just added to my arsenal. Used it Friday to build the new dome top for the cham's roof. I thought I was Bob the Builder!!! LoL.

Say hi to Loki

It's been a while and I just wanted to say hi real quick and let everyone know that my wife and I finally got our first Ambilobe, Loki, to live in this cage that I've been working on here and there for the last couple of months. Unfortunately I guess the forum won't let me post pictures of him in more than one thread so here's the thread with all of his pictures https://www.chameleonforums.com/meet-loki-88181/. Loki is loving his new home and all of the lights, plants, mist, and drip systems are working great so far.:)

Back
Top Bottom