My Crickets Don’t Die

Andrew1283

Chameleon Enthusiast
I buy 50 crickets weekly and keep them in a clean black bucket under my grasshopper enclosures with no lid. The bucket is new so the sides are smooth. They can’t climb or jump out. And it’s really dark under there. I just toss them in the bucket and give them food. They have no cardboard or hiding places.

I mix Arcadia Dragon Fuel and Repashy Bug Burger 50/50. Then I boil water and mix 1 part powder with 2 parts hot water and stir to a gel. I set it aside to cool in a Tupperware container and feed it in chunks to the crickets.

AND THEY DONT DIE

I hesitated to post this until I had a few rounds of crickets eating and fed off to my chams. In Bug Burger alone or anything else I fed, I expected to lose 50% or more of my crickets per week. Now with this mix I’m shocked to see 1 or 2 of the bunch dead. Lots and lots of poop so they’re eating well.

Can someone else try this and back me up?

Attachments

• IMG_7763.jpeg
    IMG_7763.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7764.jpeg
    IMG_7764.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7765.jpeg
    IMG_7765.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7766.jpeg
    IMG_7766.jpeg
    432.1 KB · Views: 11
I buy 50 crickets weekly and keep them in a clean black bucket under my grasshopper enclosures with no lid. The bucket is new so the sides are smooth. They can’t climb or jump out. And it’s really dark under there. I just toss them in the bucket and give them food. They have no cardboard or hiding places.

I mix Arcadia Dragon Fuel and Repashy Bug Burger 50/50. Then I boil water and mix 1 part powder with 2 parts hot water and stir to a gel. I set it aside to cool in a Tupperware container and feed it in chunks to the crickets.

AND THEY DONT DIE

I hesitated to post this until I had a few rounds of crickets eating and fed off to my chams. In Bug Burger alone or anything else I fed, I expected to lose 50% or more of my crickets per week. Now with this mix I’m shocked to see 1 or 2 of the bunch dead. Lots and lots of poop so they’re eating well.

Do you give them water?

AND THEY DONT DIE

i don’t use the arcadia blend, but i have a colony of 1000 crickets in a large plastic tub and i feed them that same repashy blend, but with fresh greens and they’re cohabited with buffalo beetles and dermisted larvae to help clean mold and stuff, but i’ve had the colony about two weeks now and i wanna say i’ve only found like 5 dead crickets 😂

i don’t use the arcadia blend, but i have a colony of 1000 crickets in a large plastic tub and i feed them that same repashy blend, but with fresh greens and they’re cohabited with buffalo beetles and dermisted larvae to help clean mold and stuff, but i’ve had the colony about two weeks now and i wanna say i’ve only found like 5 dead crickets 😂
Maybe the beetles and larvae are cleaning up the dead!

The only downside is Arcadia Dragon fuel is $20.00 a bag and Repashy Bug Burger is $12.00 for the two bottles you need for the 50/50 mix. So you’re in about $35.00 with tax. I would estimate that’s enough food to feed 1,000 crickets. Crickets are 13 cents each so that’s $130.00 worth of crickets. If you spend $35.00 you save pretty much all of them. And consider you would still spend money feeding them with other stuff, which costs money too, and they’re dying…

Maybe the beetles and larvae are cleaning up the dead!
they definitely help a ton, i’m sure there’s been more that have died but my colonies only smell like weird egg cartons instead of that horrible typical cricket smell, if you ever have a large colony of roaches or insects i recommend them greatly!

AND THEY DONT DIE

Can I feed it to my dubia too? I may try it. My guys have been liking crickets and I feel like I’m buying them every other day at out pet shop.

Back
Top Bottom