My chameleon is eating outside plant

it's a Jackson so I don't know why he's eating that should I remove that plant is it safe for chameleons to eat that leaf. I got it from outside but I clean it still is it safe.?

I would take the leaves out. Especially if you are not sure what kind it is. We can’t tell you weather or not it’s safe for him to eat unless we know what plant it is from

do you know what plants are those I just got them from outside but I clean them. it its unsafe for Jackson chameleons then I'll cut them out soon

can I sent a picture of the branch with the leaves in it. maybe it can tell me if it's good or not for him if it isn't ill cut them down thank you.

can I sent a picture of the branch with the leaves in it. maybe it can tell me if it's good or not for him if it isn't ill cut them down thank you.
The leaves look like hydrangeas and those are toxic to dogs … I would guess they would be toxic to your cute little guy as well. I agree with the above that you should take it out

The leaves look like hydrangeas and those are toxic to dogs … I would guess they would be toxic to your cute little guy as well. I agree with the above that you should take it out
thank you then I will although they don't look like hydrangeas I'll show a picture soon of the plant but I'll remove it then before he woke up

they look like these but I still cut them down.

Attachments

• 20230729_000446.jpg
    20230729_000446.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230729_000544.jpg
    20230729_000544.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 36
thank you then I will although they don't look like hydrangeas I'll show a picture soon of the plant but I'll remove it then before he woke up
Ok! Yeah I’m not sure what it is, that being said i would definitely just get rid of it. I really like pothos and wandering Jews because they are both so easy to grow and they are viney and you can propogate them so easy! They are fairly cheap too! The wandering Jew adds a beautiful pop of Color too 🤗

Ok! Yeah I’m not sure what it is, that being said i would definitely just get rid of it. I really like pothos and wandering Jews because they are both so easy to grow and they are viney and you can propogate them so easy! They are fairly cheap too! The wandering Jew adds a beautiful pop of Color too 🤗
yes I see i dont know what they are neither but those leaves were also very dry I hope he will be alright. I might get pothos better Wandering jews look cute but they are a bit pricey I saw in amazon 3 pothos will that be alright I mean the more plants the better.

yes I see i dont know what they are neither but those leaves were also very dry I hope he will be alright. I might get pothos better Wandering jews look cute but they are a bit pricey I saw in amazon 3 pothos will that be alright I mean the more plants the better.
Heck yeah. Sounds good to me

And now that we know he is partial to eating vegetation I am willing to bet he was eating the moss off the vines. When you pull branches you do not want to keep any leaves on them. You want to take off all of them then wash off the branches before using them.

And now that we know he is partial to eating vegetation I am willing to bet he was eating the moss off the vines. When you pull branches you do not want to keep any leaves on them. You want to take off all of them then wash off the branches before using them.
of course I wash the branches before installing them but the leaves I left it since I know chameleons like to hide but I wasent specting a JACKSON to eat leaves.

of course I wash the branches before installing them but the leaves I left it since I know chameleons like to hide but I wasent specting a JACKSON to eat leaves.
Dead leaves are not going to be beneficial. This is where live plants come in to use for hiding spots.

Chameleons that are not "plant eaters" have been known to do so. Some will do it when there is a deficiency going on.

If you have fake plants you can hang them on the outside of the cage. My live plants inside haven’t filled out as much as I like so I used a thin wire to attach fakes ones outside to provide more cover.

Back
Top Bottom