multi vit.and cal.

eldarado

is the tetra fauna calcium dust and the multi vitamin good enough.. or do you have to use repti cal and repti muti vit.. whats our guys take on that stuff...

It's hard to answer that question without knowing the products you're talking about.
Basically you need:

A Calcium dust without D3
A Calcium dust with D3
A multi-vitamin powder designed for reptiles (beta carotene source of Vitamin A)
Some type of Preformed Vitamin A (ie: Vit. A gel caps, cod liver oil )

-Brad

tetra fauna repto life plus minerals & vitamins
iron 12.95mg/kg, copper 270 mg/kg, manganese 865.35 mg/kg, zinc 823.84 mg,kg iodine 76.40 mg/kg vit. A 263,550 iu/kg vit d3 12,800 iu/kg vit E 1,057 iu/kg, menadione 52.50 mg/kg, thamine 1,940 mg/kg, riboflavin 1,450 mg/kg
d-pantothenic acid 668.61 mg/kg niacin 6,940 mg/kg vit.b6 1,450 mg/kg
folicacid40 mg/kg, biotin 1 mg/kg vit b12 9,700 ug/kg, choline 13,oo4 mg/kg,
inositol 5,200 mg/kg, beta carotene 66,800 mg/kg, p-aminbenzoic acid 2,600 mg/kg, ascorbic acid 4,160 mg/kg, hesperidin complex 0.013 mg/kg

guaranteed analysis

max moisture 6.0
min calcium 4.6
min phosphorus 0.6
min potassium 0.3
min sodium 0.1
min chloride 1.3
min magnesium 0.02

it says to sprinkle on food or gut load the crickets with this product..

the input would be appreciated..

tetra fauna repto life plus minerals & vitamins
iron 12.95mg/kg, copper 270 mg/kg, manganese 865.35 mg/kg, zinc 823.84 mg,kg iodine 76.40 mg/kg vit. A 263,550 iu/kg vit d3 12,800 iu/kg vit E 1,057 iu/kg, menadione 52.50 mg/kg, thamine 1,940 mg/kg, riboflavin 1,450 mg/kg
d-pantothenic acid 668.61 mg/kg niacin 6,940 mg/kg vit.b6 1,450 mg/kg
folicacid40 mg/kg, biotin 1 mg/kg vit b12 9,700 ug/kg, choline 13,oo4 mg/kg,
inositol 5,200 mg/kg, beta carotene 66,800 mg/kg, p-aminbenzoic acid 2,600 mg/kg, ascorbic acid 4,160 mg/kg, hesperidin complex 0.013 mg/kg

guaranteed analysis

max moisture 6.0
min calcium 4.6
min phosphorus 0.6
min potassium 0.3
min sodium 0.1
min chloride 1.3
min magnesium 0.02

it says to sprinkle on food or gut load the crickets with this product..

the input would be appreciated..

use this product as the multivitamin. i use this on only one dusting a week. i use calcium with D3 3 days a week and plain calcium carbonate 2 days. i don't dust on sundays. it is important that this [dusting(s)] is a SUPPLEMENT and does not cover the fact that you have to gut load your crix high calcium veggies and a few other important ingredients. 24h period before feeding these [gut loaded] crix to your cham will ensure the benefits of gut loading. so, with that, try not to overdose your cham on multivitamins. if you are feeding a varied diet of feeder insects you can be sure that he is getting most of what he needs :)

i would be careful on adding another preformed vit A.
seems like yours already have vit A in it (not in beta carotene form)
you don't want to overdose your cham.

hey dark rapture.. I was wondering if you use that exact product.. if you do it would provide me with more confidence in using it.. because I cant find the repti cal or repti multi vit.. it seems his product is the same, but I would like to be sure.. and thanx for the input...

hey dark rapture.. I was wondering if you use that exact product.. if you do it would provide me with more confidence in using it.. because I cant find the repti cal or repti multi vit.. it seems his product is the same, but I would like to be sure.. and thanx for the input...

the brand i have is T-Rex 2:0 calcium/no phosphorus powdered supplement with vitamins.

INGREDIENTS:
calcuim carbonate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol (D3), and stabilizers.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS/100g:
calcuim (max) - 38.5%
calcuim (min) - 34.5%
vit A - 36,000 IU
vit D3 - 33,600 IU
vit C - 235mg

mine is pretty basic... too much preformed vitamin A can be bad... as long as you aren't using it more than once a week.. hey, how old is your cham anyway?

I think he is 3 months old.. I had him for two.. he is 3 3/4 to 4 inches from snout to butt... should I give him calcium,calcium d3,and the repto life plus multi vits., and if so, whats the best rotation for them three supplements.. how often and how much.. thanx

I think he is 3 months old.. I had him for two.. he is 3 3/4 to 4 inches from snout to butt... should I give him calcium,calcium d3,and the repto life plus multi vits., and if so, whats the best rotation for them three supplements.. how often and how much.. thanx

it sounds like he could be possibly closer in age to mine :) Marley is over 5 months - closer to six (he's almost 4.5" chin to vent). i am feeding 6-8 medium to adult crix a couple superworms and occasionally a butter or wax worm as well. i dust 6 days a week. mon + wed + fri i dust with the cal-D3, tues + thur i dust with plain calcium, sat he gets the cal/D3/vitamins, and sun he gets nothing. i wouldn't suggest using the vitamins more than once a week at the very most and its almost better every 2 weeks as to not overdose on supplements.

Back
Top Bottom