Mr. Golem has given up on crickets.

Kenny C

I have been looking for something new to feed my Male Veiled.

For some reason lately he just refuses to eat crickets! He is ok with the Dubia roaches but won't eat them everytime. I have been keeping him and a diet of silks and horns, but not sure what to add to the mix I don't want him to get bored of them too.

He does eat supers, meal and wax worms on occasion. But I want to make sure he doesn't get tired of those too.

Any suggestions?

try some indian walking sticks, isopods, or snails. You could also introduce a fruit&veggie salad :)

I was thinking snails but they won't ship to NY during this season.

The fruit salad I am going to try this week since I am already making a huge one for Xmas =)

I put my salad on a little tray with feeders on top. The feeder insects get his attention and stay in that one place to eat the salad too

Maybe stop offering anything except crickets for a couple weeks until he gets hungry enough to not be picky. :)

you need something "crunchy" - there can be digestion issues if he's only eating soft bodied larva. even if you have to resort to adding a few mealworms.

other options: indian walking sticks, terrestrial isopods, snails, termites, grasshoppers, superworms...

Back
Top Bottom