Moving in egg?

JPR85

Hey guys,
I apologize if this subject has been covered in other threads but after doing quite a bit of research I couldn't find the answer to this question.

While candling my veiled eggs (have been incubating since february) I noticed one little dude/dudette moving in its egg.

Any idea on a time frame to hatching? I'm going away for 4 days next week and am worried that they will hatch while I'm away.

Thanks in advance! I figure if anyone knows it'll be someone here.

What species? How long have they been incubating and at what temperature?

When the eggs are near hatching the baby fills the egg so I don't know how much movement you'd see in the egg. The eggs do rock a little sometimes though as hey near hatching.

What species? How long have they been incubating and at what temperature?

When the eggs are near hatching the baby fills the egg so I don't know how much movement you'd see in the egg. The eggs do rock a little sometimes though as hey near hatching.
As I said in my original post, veiled, since february.
And at about 76-79 degrees.

No the egg didn't rock. I was candling and saw distinct movement from 2 little dark spots in the egg (assuming paws)

The eggs look to be about half full.

I've candles lots of eggs but for some strange reason I never candled chameleon eggs. I've kept lots of lizards and turtles/tortoises so I've had lots of eggs and seen the babies clearly enough in some that you could see their tiny little fingers move...just not chameleons. :(

I've candles lots of eggs but for some strange reason I never candled chameleon eggs. I've kept lots of lizards and turtles/tortoises so I've had lots of eggs and seen the babies clearly enough in some that you could see their tiny little fingers move...just not chameleons. :(
Damn. I'm just so worried that they will hatch while I'm away...

If the eggs only looks half full then I would think you have quite a while to go before they hatch. How do the eggs look? Have they started getting slightly different colored marks on the shells?

If the eggs only looks half full then I would think you have quite a while to go before they hatch. How do the eggs look? Have they started getting slightly different colored marks on the shells?
Only difference in colour is some little spots seem more calcified than others. Like someone dusted the egg.

Ive candled my eggs and I've seen movement about a month or two before they were due to hatch. I think you will be safe.
Thanks! It would be really quite unfortunate if I've waited impatiently for six months, only to have them hatch in the 4 day window in which I am not home.

If they were sweating or something then I would be worried but the fact that you can see them moving means u still have time. When they are really close u won't see anything when u candle.

If they were sweating or something then I would be worried but the fact that you can see them moving means u still have time. When they are really close u won't see anything when u candle.
Perfect! Although I'm a little disappointed that I may still have another 2 months to wait lol. But I suppose I'll just have to wait... and wait some more. Their enclosure has been finished for a couple of weeks now.

In the eleventh photo down in this post you can see a window in the third egg up in the middle row to the left of the really caved in egg....
https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-candling-your-eggs-how-tell-if-your-eggs-good-bad-97887/
Thanks, I found that post a while ago but never noticed the "windows" judging by what I see, mine are somewhere between the 1 month from hatching and any day now photos. bottom of the egg still isn't completely opaque but it's getting there.

I've seen movement in Panther eggs two months in advance. Bearded dragons you can see movement halfway through incubation.

Back
Top Bottom