misting n stuufff

chamilionare

So i got my cham this summer and its been great, but im starting school soon and i wont be home to mist my cham in the morning, what should i do meanwhile i get an automatic mister?

You can set up a dripper which can provide access to drinking water while you are away from home. If you are going to get an automated misting system, I highly recommend getting either an Aquazamp or Mistking system. Don't waste your time or money on a Monsoon.

I would suggest misting before you leave for class an then leave a dripper on until you get back. Say, does anybody know how long you can leave one of the "lil-drippers" on for? I've read various different answers... leaving it on for hours and hours, to just an hour.

I would suggest misting before you leave for class an then leave a dripper on until you get back. Say, does anybody know how long you can leave one of the "lil-drippers" on for? I've read various different answers... leaving it on for hours and hours, to just an hour.

You can leave it on till it runs out, just make sure it isnt directly hitting the cham.

So i got my cham this summer and its been great, but im starting school soon and i wont be home to mist my cham in the morning, what should i do meanwhile i get an automatic mister?

If you haven't already invested in some, I would look into hornworms. They are chalked full of water, which in return hydrates your cham:)

Go old school. Get a large plastic cup from Subway or wherever, poke a few pin holes in the bottom. Fill with ice cubes. Set on top of enclosure.

What species of chameleon do you have? If it's a Veiled, I would be cautious about overwatering and creating a moldy habitat. An adult Veiled only needs a good misting once every other day, and dripper running for a couple of hours only once a week-

Go old school. Get a large plastic cup from Subway or wherever, poke a few pin holes in the bottom. Fill with ice cubes. Set on top of enclosure.

Love it! We use to do this on our outdoor enclosures during the spring and summer, we would use a cheap foam ice chest, fill it with ice and poke a small hole in the bottom, typically lasted all day, kept the enclosures cooled down, and provided a nice shade spot. I couldn't make up my mind if it was ghetto or redneck ingenuity.

Back
Top Bottom