Mending holes in a reptibreeze screen? Can i use this product?

JlaPinska

I know i have asked this before but maybe not here. Every time i redo my guys cage of course there become new holes where things were mounted. I know someone told me to get a patch of screen and glue it on with a glue gun.. they also told me another way but i can't remember. I came across this product and wondering if anyone's tried it, is it a waste of time? I am assuming it would not stay adhered due to humidity? Besides breaking down and buying a dragon strand cage how else can i close the holes?

screenmend.jpg

I'm not sure about this product but I use a super small square of clear packing tape on either side of the screen so it's not sticky for the chameleon and I haven't had issues with the tape dislodging from humidity. It's not super noticable on the outside of the cage either and I've even used this method to "reinforce" the screen when mounting heavier items. Works well for me.

Super glue is what I would trust. It can be use directly on corals and put back into an aquarium with fish while it is still curing so it is going to be safe for the cham and wont come off with humidity.

I'm not sure about this product but I use a super small square of clear packing tape on either side of the screen so it's not sticky for the chameleon and I haven't had issues with the tape dislodging from humidity. It's not super noticable on the outside of the cage either and I've even used this method to "reinforce" the screen when mounting heavier items. Works well for me.

can you drop me a picture of the tape you are using? i was thinking with the screenmend i would also have to put a piece on the inside as well to prevent the sticky part

can you drop me a picture of the tape you are using? i was thinking with the screenmend i would also have to put a piece on the inside as well to prevent the sticky part
I use this, it's super sticky and I haven't had any issues with it moving or peeling at all. Any moving or packing tape should work well though I think.

Attachments

• 15188161999221858570879.jpg
    15188161999221858570879.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
When trying to put together my very first screen habitat I didn’t realize how clumsy I can be and ended up with one (or two) holes in my screening :rolleyes: I used the screen mend you mention and we are almost a year later and it’s holding up great! The brand I purchased you literally use a hair dryer on the product which helps it bind and then it dries pretty quickly afterwards with no fumes or sticky mess. Haven’t had any issues and it blends in pretty seamlessly!

When trying to put together my very first screen habitat I didn’t realize how clumsy I can be and ended up with one (or two) holes in my screening :rolleyes: I used the screen mend you mention and we are almost a year later and it’s holding up great! The brand I purchased you literally use a hair dryer on the product which helps it bind and then it dries pretty quickly afterwards with no fumes or sticky mess. Haven’t had any issues and it blends in pretty seamlessly!

thanks so much! i think i'm going to give it a shot!

I know i have asked this before but maybe not here. Every time i redo my guys cage of course there become new holes where things were mounted. I know someone told me to get a patch of screen and glue it on with a glue gun.. they also told me another way but i can't remember. I came across this product and wondering if anyone's tried it, is it a waste of time? I am assuming it would not stay adhered due to humidity? Besides breaking down and buying a dragon strand cage how else can i close the holes?

View attachment 200200
My reptibreeze came with a hole. I sewed it closed, and it is okay. I never thought of this. I am going to get some. That is a great idea.

Back
Top Bottom