Meal worms

Callum1168

Hey my cham has recently become very fond of meal worms, he won't hand feed anything except them, I've tried locust and brown crickets but he does not seem interested. He use to eat them before I tried him with meal worms but he don't seem interested in them now. But as soon has he gets a glimpse of the worms on my hand he runs straight climbs on and starts munching.

I was just curious, is it bad for a Cham to eat to many meal worms and what can I do If it is to get him eating other feeders again?
Would I have to just let him get hungry enough to want them ?

Yes it is, they are hard to digest when fed regularly.

stop feeding them, even if he goes a few days without eating, hell get back to eating properly.

they are like kids- wanting dessert and no dinner. ;)

yep if he dont get offered the meals for a few days he will get hungry and eat something else. i had 1 cham hold out for 6 days but thats the longest strike i have dealt with. its hard to deny them food but they cant just eat meals or just eat supers which is usually my problem is the supers they seem to love them. but... they have a hard exosxeleton and that makes them harder on there stomachs and dont digest near as well as a soft bodied feeder.So im told anyway.

hi there lu hows the little guy doin? you can gut laod all feeders except butters, wax, silks and horns they have set diets.i believe that is all but meal worms yes

yes you can gutload mealworms

You can ALSO gutload butterworms, silkworms, hornworms, etc. These do NOT have "set" diets. They eat a range of things.

Stop offering mealworms, and the chameleon will stop eating them. When he gets hungry enough, he will eat other prey instead.

Back
Top Bottom