Lots of breeding questions! HELP ASAP!

So i came home to find my little girl in the base of her plant! And has been there all night so i recently moved her into an egg laying box! Her eggs look a little sunken so i tried to give her water through a syringe but she just wont drink she stopped eating about 3 days ago and she is not the strongest right now pretty weak. And second is how long should i keep her in the box and ways to get her water? And she has these weird white spots on her back but it doesn't look like shed to me! Feedback would be nice!

Attachments

• 20140801_142232.jpg
    20140801_142232.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 20140801_144521.jpg
    20140801_144521.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 98
laying

My female nosy be just laid 13 eggs. She stopped eating way before the egg laying. I just misted the cage like I normally would; you could mist whatever she is in. After laying, my cham recovered in about 3 days. She was very thirsty, and suddenly started eating a lot. She slept for 3 days straight. I am sure if they lay more eggs, it would take her longer to perk back up.

How many eggs did she lay? Did she fill the hole in? Did you move her to the egglaying box in the middle of egglaying?

Well now her eyes are sunken and she hasn't really been moving a lot. And she has laid 0 eggs! I'm freaking out! What should I do?

I normally just toss my gals egg bid in her cage.
Now the most important part, leave her alone and give her plenty of privacy.
This is a very stressful time for her. Leave her alone, cover her cage if you have to. Just give her a couple days to do her thing.

im scared she might be dying :c

Attachments

• 20140801_225905.jpg
    20140801_225905.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 20140801_224509.jpg
    20140801_224509.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 146
In your first post you said her eggs look a little sunken in...did you mean her eyes?
Sounds like she may be eggbound and needs a vet right away.
Her arm looks like she might have MBD too but I'm not sure if it's just the angle.

She may be egg bound, but in the future when they start to dig leave them be. It can take 2 days or in some cases longer. I have found for me, it's easiest to put an egg bin in and they usually have no problem finding it. Hope that helps, and I hope your girl gets through this well.

Scott

Im very heart broken right now! She sadly did not make it through the night! She was probably the favorite out of all my chams! She was so sweet! But i still got the eggs she had and made a proper burial for her!

Eggs

Are the eggs fertile and it sucks that you lost your baby hopefully you will still be able to continue her bloodline

They mated 4 times? Dang! I only got mine together once but still got two clutches out of it. I'm thinking maybe she did get egg bound. Poor baby. Im sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom