locusts as staple

hollypops

Is this ok if used with a good selection of worms e.g pheonix,super,butterworm,occasional waxworm.My veiled just does not go for crickets much at all!!!

those worms are great for veiled chameleons. Just be careful about the superworms because of the exo skeleton it is harder for chams to pass through but is also great for nutrition.

Hi i am getting them from various different sites in the uk as thats where i live.I usually use livefoods.co.uk or livefoods direct.I have to shop around as usually the pheonix worms are the hardest to find ,also silkworms are sometimes out of stock at places!

Locusts are great addition to the variety.
Superworms are quite high in fat. So, make sure you gutload them properly and do not give him supers every feeding.

Amy has a mix of locusts, crix, Phoenix worms and superworms plus the occasional waxie too. Sometimes she gets newly moulted mealworms as a treat. Chams seem to love the newly moulted supers too! I did buy silkies but she didn't pay them much attention after the first couple of days. Amy loves locusts at the moment - she is beginning to be a bit picky with her food, lol! Shame, cos they are so expensive compared to crix!:rolleyes:

I have bought Phoenix worms and silkies from here: http://www.butterworms.co.uk/index.html I have also used http://www.roachshop.co.uk/ to buy Phoenix worms too. Delivery is very fast from both places as long as the items are in stock! I haven't plucked up enough courage to order any roaches yet though! Eewww!:D

Mista isn't interested in worms at all.
Like Lily i give him the odd moulted mealworm but he never eats more than two.
I've tried him on butterworms, pheonix worms, crickets never shows any interest.the only other thing apart from locusts he goes mad for are blue/green bottles.

How long do the Phoenix worms, silkworms & roaches last/live for ?. Since getting my Cham I have only feed him locust & the odd wax worm as the local pet shop only stocks these plus crickets.

Back
Top Bottom