Locust feeding guide

hunnyf21

hi i have 2 six month old senegal chams where i bought them from told me to feed them 2 small to medium (size 2) locusts each they seem to want a lot more than this so i gave both a couple more each and they ate them. Just wondered if i should feed tham more than 2 or not?

Sorry if this has already been posted i have trawled to site and can only find info on cricket feeding any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou :)

Six months is still quite young and two lotus doesn't seem like nearly enough.

I could be wrong on this but I believe a good rule of thumb is feed them as much as they will eat.

Two lotus a day sounds like the diet of a two year old cham.

But hey what do I know, my cham's appetite is a freakin roller coaster.

Last edited:
thats what i thought but i know there is a difference between crickets and locusts have gave them a couple more each because i felt guilty after posting they were still sat there waiting!:)

Try the little chap on the next size up? I was feeding my 6 mth old Yemen size 2 medium and he seemed to be eating loads and never full so i now feed him 3 extra large a day which his appetite has now decresed. i do not put anymore in until they have all gone.

phil

hi i have 2 six month old senegal chams where i bought them from told me to feed them 2 small to medium (size 2) locusts each they seem to want a lot more than this so i gave both a couple more each and they ate them. Just wondered if i should feed tham more than 2 or not?

Sorry if this has already been posted i have trawled to site and can only find info on cricket feeding any help would be greatly appreciated thankyou :)

Hi there hunnyf21,
you can take a look at my posts i have just helped someone with a grasshopper rearing sheet just take a look at my posts

Are you feeding them each two locusts per day? (14 each per week?)
That is plenty for them if 6 months is the real age.
How big are the chameleons?
Can you post pictures?

-Brad

hope this helps!

Tried Arkists method and they kept eating til i ran out of locusts (6 each)
Very confused!
This picture doesnt do them justice the smaller one is around 4 inches body length and bigger one 5 1/2 inches he is a lot broader whereas she is on the dainty side

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• DSC00834.jpg
    DSC00834.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom