Feedmychameleon.com

Andrew1283

Chameleon Enthusiast
I am posting a couple videos to accurately depict what a “medium” feeder grasshopper nymph looks like from Feedmychameleon.com

Dean said the hopper nymphs don’t grow as quickly during colder months so they have gotten smaller. Per Dean, the small nymphs, “…are about half the size on avg” (of the mediums seen in the videos).

These are 90 cents each.

I bought 50 “medium” nymph spotted birds and 50 “large” nymph gray birds.

I’ll post a video of the gray birds when they arrive for reference.

Lots of these medium nymphs are smaller than a pinky fingernail. I just want to give everyone a heads up in case you’re planning to switch from crickets to hoppers and expect some big meaty feeders to arrive in the mail that far exceed the mass of an average cricket. That’s not the case.

Yes, they will grow big in a few months if you keep them in a dedicated, ventilated, enclosure under heat lamps, in low humidity, and feed them a varied diet of fresh, nutritious, organic, pesticide-free greens with the gut load Dean also sells for $30.00 a container. But that’s probably not what the average reptile keeper expects to do.

I could feed 25 of these to an adult male chameleon. Until they grow up in a few months, I’ll be giving alternative feeders.

Last edited:
It seems like the grasshoppers from feedmychameleon.com have gotten smaller and smaller. Dean said he doesn’t heat his southern California home during winter, so that’s why they have gotten smaller. They’re 90 cents each. I bought 50 “medium” nymph spotted birds and 50 “large” nymph gray birds. I’ll post a video of the gray birds when they arrive for reference. Lots of them are smaller than a pinky fingernail. I just want to give everyone a heads up if you’re planning to switch from crickets and expect some big meaty hoppers. Yes, they will grow big in a few months if you feed them nutritious fresh organic pesticide free greens but that’s probably not what the average reptile keeper expects to do.

You are touching them!🥶

Back
Top Bottom