Lights....Or Sick?

BKO Overdrive

Established Member
So ive had this Jacksons cham under my care for a few months now. He always was stubborn about eating but got him to eat silk worms fine. Now a new issue is hes going to sleep alot during the day. I know a vet visit is usually recommended and I will take that course of action but I wanted to get some opinions. Also I noticed the reason I say possible lights aggravating him, is he has stretched out completely just to hide his head next to a leaf then closes his eyes, all stretched out almost as to get away from the light, he goes to the dark corners of his cage and finds any leaf he can that blocks the light to sleep and escape. The room he is in is pitch black so i know hes sleeping okay. Should i change the light first then if he has the same behavior take him to the vet. All supplements are good and he his eating and drinking. hes been eating only silk worms so his poo is kinda runny. But that might be another issue. Which would need a vet visit anyways. Just trying to get opinions.

If you go to the vet that poo should go with you. You can try changing the lights and rechecking your temperatures and humidity. Don't wait too long to take serious action.

Trust me I wont, Ive kept my vieled like a queen that she is. Shes doing great, but this guy has always given me issues. I wont take long to get him taken care of

What uvb do you use?

Reason I think the light might be an issue is I use a Compact mini florescent 5.0, i dont use the tube design. I can get it, so i was thinking of going that route to see if that makes it better. I know some people have reported issues with the compacts. Like stated, he runs and hides in the shade and dark places to sleep. So the lights must be really bad for him. If i place him in the open even under the light he will close his eyes but still move his turrets around. Also as soon as the misters come on he automatically closes his eyes even if he is not even in the spray. Maybe he expects to get wet. He never used to act like this the first month I had him but now he doing it going on month two

Back
Top Bottom