lighting question

captdan

I have heard that the t-8 bulbs from zoo med are good for about 6 months of UVB. Any opinions here? I have also heard that the Acadia t-5 last longer. How much longer?

I just got a double fixture with t5's Acadia's and a 6.5k daylight bulb the lights are amazing - I used the Acadia T8's in a standard fixture - go with them if you don't want to spend the money on the T5's but there's a big difference in brightness and your plants will love you if you go for the duel light ...

thanks I am unsure of the quad or the 2 bulb as my guy Ned is now getting ready to move up to his new adult cage!

Be thank full it's only one - I just put together my second big girl cage today - I'm hopefully moving my 3 into their own room this weekend - My panther's getting his upgrade in a month or so - his cage is big enough - it just one of those zipper up things and I wish I had never gone that route - It's going to look like crap next to the girls fancy cages -

Just to let you know (because I didn't realize until I got them in) the t5 bulbs are super skinny. I'm talking less than an inch in diameter. My enclosure is 24" x 24" x 48". I am very glad that I got the quad. I just set them up last night and the light came on this morning and it is SO much better than what I had. (I had all compact bulbs as temporary for when I upgraded cages). The light looks so much cleaner and is so much brighter. I will be posting pics soon!

m to agree, I have the Arcadia T5 6% having cone from the T8 equivalent.
The quality is outstanding.

But I've been an Arcadia T5 user for a good couple of years with my Dragons. So I knew the quality would help them (and any reptile needing them) thrive.

I just got a double fixture with t5's Acadia's and a 6.5k daylight bulb the lights are amazing - I used the Acadia T8's in a standard fixture - go with them if you don't want to spend the money on the T5's but there's a big difference in brightness and your plants will love you if you go for the duel light ...

so true...;)
thank you.

m to agree, I have the Arcadia T5 6% having cone from the T8 equivalent.
The quality is outstanding.

But I've been an Arcadia T5 user for a good couple of years with my Dragons. So I knew the quality would help them (and any reptile needing them) thrive.

Thanks Guv!:D
as more folks discover Arcadia - the better for their animals.

Back
Top Bottom