Light Your Reptiles

Henry66

I plan on getting a new cage for Fiji, what I want to know is what fixture from Lightyourreptiles.com do you guys use for 24x24x48 cage? :D

I ordered 2x 21" grow n glow LEDS. Those bulbs are awesome!!

I am so glad you like them!
They represent allot of work! :eek:
lots of trail and error to get it right. :)

Thank you!

ps.
because they are so (CrAzY) popular, I am actually sold out at the moment...:(. and the factory is making more.:D

I have the 24" HO T5 double bulb (Arcadia 6% and 6.5 daylight). The difference it made in the cage lighting is remarkable. :)

I am so glad you like them!
They represent allot of work! :eek:
lots of trail and error to get it right. :)

Thank you!

ps.
because they are so (CrAzY) popular, I am actually sold out at the moment...:(. and the factory is making more.:D

Todd,

Are these for use with the "24" HO T5 double bulb (Arcadia 6% and 6.5 daylight)"? Not instead of, right? Can you explain? There's no UVB right?

I plan on getting a new cage for Fiji, what I want to know is what fixture from Lightyourreptiles.com do you guys use for 24x24x48 cage? :D

Just a random thought...If another cham is in your future, you might want to get a 48 inch fixture that will stick out about a foot on each side, then when cage #2 is put next to #1, you will cover both cages. You will save a ton of money by not buying double fixtures and double bulbs.
You might not get another cham, but you ARE on the addiction support group site, so..;)

Nick

I recently purchased your 24" Quad Fixture w/ Arcadia 12% Bulb & 2 6.5k Daylight Bulbs and Plant Bulb. Everything arrived safely as it was packaged extemely well.

I replaced the Frankenstein looking combination of fluorescent light fixtures I was previously using with one unobtrusive and clean looking fixture The lighting looks great; it is visibly brighter throughout the entire enclosure. I now have approximately 30 micro watts of UVB 12" below the top of the enclosure where my Jackson likes to hang out around the upper reaches of his schefflera.

Thank you for offering this product. I will definitely be doing more business with you.

I am sorry to be that guy... but light your reptiles is ridiculously over priced.

I respect that the owner is affiliated with the creator, owner, and or a moderator(s) of this forum... however I value saving money a lot more than loyalty to a site sponsor. I would rather pay for a membership than take a 100$ hit every year buying new bulbs.

Zilla makes the the cheapest uv bulbs, that are rumored to only last half as long. But at a quarter of the price that LYR offers you come out on top.

Arcadia 6% and 12% are the same things as 5.0 tropical and 10.0 desert bulbs. The amount of uv should correlate to the distance and material you need the light to pass through.
The screen will cut the effective range of uv in half. Typically 10.0 bulbs are recommended for larger enclosures (36"+)
I am still not sure how the word arcadia is relevant to anything but you are not getting a better bulb by spending more, that is a sales tactic.

The smartest thing you could do is purchase a 4 lamp 24" t5ho fixture. Home depot or lowes offer the cheapest but require you to wire them yourself, or alternately you could buy one that is ready to go (plantgrowlights).

I use 1 soft white, 2 daylight, and 1 uvb. This provides a broad range in the visible light spectrum for optimal viewing.
As for the distance you need to cover, 10.0 uvb t5ho should be plenty sufficient with only one bulb.

The heat from these lamps is the reason most people stick to t8 and t5.

Todd,

Are these for use with the "24" HO T5 double bulb (Arcadia 6% and 6.5 daylight)"? Not instead of, right? Can you explain? There's no UVB right?

6500 kelvin is the "color" or temperature at which the gas molecules react and bounce off one another typically measured in Cº

5000k + is where the visible blue spectrum is at.
5000k - is where the soft white and red colors are found including the uv.
Look up a kelvin light chart for a visual rep.

Every bulb puts out a small amount of uv radiation, particularly the lower kelvin rated bulbs. This is why marijuana plants are flowered with a High pressure sodium bulb, the uv causes the plants to produce denser trichomes, although these bulbs are intended to light up streets when it is dark.
Some manufactures create bulbs specifically to put out more uv radiation than visible light, which is why you need a uvb specific bulb.

So for your question, no the 6500k will not put out a sufficient amount of uv, my other comment above this explains this in more detail.

You can test whether or not a bulb is putting off uv by holding your cellphone camera up to the bulb, if lines move side to side or up and down then you have uv. If you do not see them they your bulb is not producing this spectrum.

Dont waste your money on a uv meter. The only ones that are genuinely accurate cost over 1000$

Back
Top Bottom