K. boehmei

coldbloodedAL

Avid Member
A few quick pics of my newly aquired pair of k. boehmei... Males got a slight crook in his left rostral appendage but other wise in great shape. Females nice as well as gravid. And she was already digging before lights out! :D
ajy4yguz.jpg

nyju3upy.jpg

They look really good!! Fingers crossed on a successful egg laying and incubation. Id incubate around 67 degrees. Hopefully they dont take almost 11 months like the closely related tavetana. The wait is terrible:eek:

You got a gravid female who is digging? You are having all the luck these days. I sure hope you get some fertile eggs that hatch. How cool will that be? They both do look amazing, congrats.

They look really good!! Fingers crossed on a successful egg laying and incubation. Id incubate around 67 degrees. Hopefully they dont take almost 11 months like the closely related tavetana. The wait is terrible:eek:
Got my fingers crossed as well.. Nothing yet though. Im going to have to invest in an Avey before summer comes or ill never be able to keep temps that low.. That would be a terribly long wait!
You got a gravid female who is digging? You are having all the luck these days. I sure hope you get some fertile eggs that hatch. How cool will that be? They both do look amazing, congrats.
I dont know about luck, but I have been on a bit of a streak without any bad luck ;) It would be awesome to hatch some of these guys! Thanks laurie :)
They look great thanks for posting pictures!

Looking good alex :)

Very nice, hopefully those eggs are fertile. Your guys look really good!

Very nice!! Like Jared said, hope they dont take so long to hatch.....

Thanks guys!

Awesome looking chams, and I really appreciate seeing some variety! Nice to see other keepers from Michigan,too. Thank you for sharing.

I did go to Central a looong time ago, I am 44 now. We own a family run pet supply in Mt. Pleasant and I don't know anyone in the area with Chameleons. I always try to engage customers buying crickets, but everyone has other lizards, so no one understands my passion, even my family members. I am raising roaches at the store to sell, so maybe once I get them going well, and advertise the fact I will find someone. I really enjoy seeing other Chams and someday will delve further into some variety. I don't want to sell them, though because I struggle with the ethics of that whole issue. It would be frustrating to work so hard to raise Chams, just to have people kill them. We do a lot with spaying/neutering, fostering, but the only live things we sell are crickets.

Very cool.
What temperature are you going to incubate them at? I had mine at around 18 but after a bit of reseach I moved them to 22-23 and im hoping they will hatch in less than 6 months.
Also, are you keeping them together? I have my 1.3 together a d there getting on great at the moment.

Last edited:
They're a beautiful pair :) I hope you get some lovely little babies!
Thanks! :)

I did go to Central a looong time ago, I am 44 now. We own a family run pet supply in Mt. Pleasant and I don't know anyone in the area with Chameleons. I always try to engage customers buying crickets, but everyone has other lizards, so no one understands my passion, even my family members. I am raising roaches at the store to sell, so maybe once I get them going well, and advertise the fact I will find someone. I really enjoy seeing other Chams and someday will delve further into some variety. I don't want to sell them, though because I struggle with the ethics of that whole issue. It would be frustrating to work so hard to raise Chams, just to have people kill them. We do a lot with spaying/neutering, fostering, but the only live things we sell are crickets.

Interesting! I travel often for work, so next time im in the area i will stop in :)

Very cool.
What temperature are you going to incubate them at? I had mine at around 18 but after a bit of reseach I moved them to 22-23 and im hoping they will hatch in less than 6 months.
Also, are you keeping them together? I have my 1.3 together a d there getting on great at the moment.

Im going to shoot for 19-20 but once summer months hit it may be hard to keep them that cool. According to much of what I read, longer incubation time often results in stronger, healthier babies so thats what ill be hoping to do...

My pair is separate for the moment. Once she lays and they are cleaned up I may try putting them together..

Some more pics :) These are the most active, and flighty chameleons I have ever seen! Removing them from a small cage for cleaning is a chore itself. But of all my chams surprisingly, they are the most photogenic!
IMG_0610_zps3d9af2bf.jpg

IMG_0612_zps5c320c28.jpg

IMG_0622_zpsba8903e7.jpg

IMG_0628_zps132f13ea.jpg

IMG_0629_zpscc5f4bc4.jpg

IMG_0631_zps57a2ebf1.jpg

IMG_0613_zpsbced7ef9.jpg

IMG_0614_zpscdd2e7ae.jpg

IMG_0632_zps3ec77cbc.jpg

IMG_0633_zpsa97a85c9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom