Just want to make sure I have everything I need..

jennelite

I will be getting my first veiled chameleon by the end of the month and I just want to make sure I have everything I need for him before he gets here. Pictured is what I have so far. It's a Exo Terra medium kit 18x18x24 (yes, I realize when baby gets a little bigger he'll need a bigger enclosure).

Other things I'll be picking up in the next couple weeks are as follows:

Lights:
UV Lights, I'm looking at a 5.0 and 2.0 for the canopy
Basking Light and enclosure for it
Electronic timer

Misting System:
Monsoon

Feeding/Supplements:
Calcium Powder
Calcium+D3 Powder
Multivitamin (vitamin A in the form of beta carotene)
Feeder enclosure
Greens and veggies for gut loading

Other questions I have:
Should I use substrates?
Are heating pads necessary?
Do I need water conditioners or to use a specific kind of water?

I'm also thinking about converting my balcony into a outdoor summer enclosure for him. =) I'm so involved and I haven't even gotten him yet! lol

Attachments

• GEDC0634.jpg
    GEDC0634.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 107
welcome!
most of what yo uhave sounds great!
you dont need the 2.0 uvb bulb, the 5.0 is fine.

no substrates, no heater pads, and unless your water is unfit for you to drink, tap water is fine.

anything else!?

good luck! they are addicting.. im on my fourth cham... and have plans to breed!

before I give my 2 cents, I would love to know just what type of Chameleon you plan to keep in that first.

Harry

Not exactly a necessity but picking up some dubia roaches wouldnt hurt. You can just let them breed for a while to get a strong colony going and then start feeding them off. It would save you alot of money on crickets :)

i would suggest to save your money and buy a mist king....i have one and i will never need to get another mister every again and if that breaks (which it wont) i would buy another one. For 99.99 you get a amazing system with a timer that will let you program the thing to no end. Marty is a great guy (mist king owner) telling you you will not be disappointed. Plus just to give you alittle tip about the monsoon rs400 if you r not cvareful filling it water will get into the electronics and fry your board and them your timer will be gone and your system will run dry. save yourself the hassel and get a mist king

Back
Top Bottom